If you own a Subaru, you may have noticed a snowflake symbol appear on your dashboard, especially during the colder months of the year. But what does the snowflake symbol in your Subaru mean, and why is it important for drivers to pay attention to it?
What Is The Snowflake Symbol In Your Subaru?
The snowflake symbol in your Subaru is actually a warning light that indicates that the outside temperature is at or below 37 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). This feature is designed to help alert drivers that there may be slippery or icy road conditions, which can affect the handling and performance of their vehicle.
Why Is The Snowflake Symbol Important?
The snowflake symbol is an important feature in your Subaru, as it serves as an early warning system for potentially hazardous road conditions. If the symbol appears, it is crucial that you exercise caution while driving, such as by slowing down and increasing your following distance. Additionally, the snowflake symbol may also activate other safety features in your vehicle, such as the anti-lock braking system (ABS) or traction control, which can help improve your vehicle’s stability and control.
Other Dashboard Symbols To Look Out For
While the snowflake symbol is an important feature in your Subaru, it is not the only dashboard symbol to be aware of. Some other common symbols that you may encounter while driving your Subaru include:
- Brake system warning: This symbol indicates an issue with your vehicle’s braking system, such as low brake fluid or a malfunction in the ABS system.
- Battery warning: This symbol indicates that there may be an issue with your vehicle’s battery or charging system, and it is important to address this warning as soon as possible to avoid a potential breakdown.
- Check engine light: This symbol may indicate a variety of issues that could impact your vehicle’s performance and may require professional attention to diagnose and repair.
How to Respond When The Snowflake Symbol Appears
If the snowflake symbol in your Subaru appears on the dashboard, it is important to take the following steps to maintain your safety:
- Slow down and increase your following distance from other vehicles.
- Avoid sudden movements or sharp turns.
- Use caution when accelerating or braking.
- Be aware of your surroundings and be prepared to react to unexpected road conditions.
Q: Does the snowflake symbol appear in all Subaru models?
A: Yes, the snowflake symbol appears in all modern Subaru models.
Q: What should I do if the snowflake symbol is constantly lit?
A: If the snowflake symbol remains lit even when the outside temperature is above 37 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius), it may indicate a problem with the temperature sensor. It is recommended that you take your vehicle to a Subaru technician for diagnosis and repair.
Q: Can I ignore the snowflake symbol if it appears?
A: No, it is important to take the snowflake symbol seriously as it indicates potentially hazardous road conditions that require caution while driving.
In conclusion, the snowflake symbol is an important safety feature in your Subaru that should not be ignored. By understanding its meaning and how to respond to it, you can help ensure your safety and the safety of others while driving in potentially hazardous conditions. Remember, if you have any concerns about dashboard symbols in your Subaru, it is always best to consult the owner’s manual or a qualified technician for advice.