Subaru cars are known for their reliability and advanced technology. One of the most important aspects of Subaru’s technology is its navigation software, which provides drivers with the necessary information for a safe and comfortable journey. To ensure that the navigation software is up-to-date, it’s important to know how to update it properly. In this guide, we’ll provide a step-by-step process to update your Subaru’s navigation software.
Importance of Updating Your Subaru’s Navigation Software
Updating the navigation software in your Subaru is crucial to ensure GPS accuracy. Newer versions of the navigation software can provide updated maps, improved route calculations, and new features that enhance the driving experience. With the rapid changes in roadways and infrastructure, outdated navigation systems can result in inefficient routes and incorrect directions.
Checking for Updates
Before installing an update, it’s essential to check if there is an available update for your Subaru’s navigation software. Here are the steps for checking for updates:
- Turn on your Subaru and the infotainment system.
- Press the "Home" button on the infotainment screen.
- Select "Map."
- Select "Menu" in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and select "Map Update."
- If there is an available update, click "Start" to begin the download process.
Downloading and Installing Updates
Once you’ve confirmed the availability of an update, the next step is to download and install the update. Here is the step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Connect to a reliable and stable Wi-Fi network. The download process may take some time, so it’s best to have a strong internet connection.
- When the download completes, you’ll receive a pop-up message to install the update.
- Click on "Install" and wait for the installation process to complete.
- The infotainment system will restart once the installation is finished.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
During the updating process, some issues may occur, such as failed downloads or installation problems. Here are a few troubleshooting steps that can help:
- Confirm if your Subaru model is compatible with the navigation software update.
- Ensure that your Wi-Fi connection is strong and stable.
- Verify that there is enough space in the head unit storage to allow for the download and installation of the update.
- If the update still fails, contact your Subaru dealer for further assistance.
Q: How often should I update my Subaru’s navigation software?
A: It is recommended to update your Subaru’s navigation software every year to ensure accuracy and take advantage of new features.
Q: Can I download the update without a Wi-Fi connection?
A: No, you need a reliable Wi-Fi connection to download the update.
Q: Do I need to pay for updates?
A: No, Subaru provides navigation software updates for free.
Updating your Subaru’s navigation software is an essential part of keeping your vehicle up-to-date with the latest technology. With this step-by-step guide, you can confidently update the navigation software and enjoy the benefits of an improved and accurate GPS system. Remember always to follow the instructions carefully, and if issues arise, do not hesitate to seek help from your Subaru dealer.