Subaru has always been a reliable car manufacturer, known for its commitment to safety and performance. Every year, Subaru enthusiasts eagerly anticipate the release of new models, excited to see what upgrades and changes the company has made. With the 2020 lineup, Subaru has exceeded expectations by introducing some of the most advanced and impressive cars in the market.
If you’re one of those enthusiasts or potential buyers looking to learn more about the release of the 2020 Subaru cars, look no further. In this guide, we’ll provide you with everything you need to know about the new models, release dates, features, specs, and more.
The 2020 Subaru Lineup
Subaru’s 2020 lineup includes several models, each one unique in its own way. Here’s a quick overview of the models and their release dates:
- Subaru Ascent – Available Now
- Subaru Forester – Available Now
- Subaru Outback – Available Now
- Subaru Impreza – September 2019
- Subaru Legacy – September 2019
- Subaru WRX – Fall 2019
- Subaru BRZ – Fall 2019
- Subaru Crosstrek – Fall 2019
Changes and Updates
Subaru has made some significant improvements and updates to its 2020 lineup. For example, the Ascent now comes with standard adaptive headlights and lane-centering assist. The Forester has a new Sport trim with orange accents and paddle shifters. The Legacy has a redesigned interior, more advanced safety features, and an optional 11.6-inch tablet-style infotainment system. The WRX has received a few updates to its suspension and brakes, while the BRZ has received a new limited-edition Series.Gray trim. And the Crosstrek now comes standard with EyeSight driver assist technology.
Features, Specs, and Performance Capabilities
One of the most exciting things about the 2020 Subaru lineup is the range of features and specs each model boasts. For example:
- The 2020 Ascent comes with a turbocharged 2.4-liter engine that delivers up to 260 horsepower and 277 lb-ft of torque, along with standard symmetrical all-wheel drive.
- The 2020 Forester has a 2.5-liter engine that generates 182 horsepower and 176 lb-ft of torque, and is equipped with X-Mode traction control technology for improved off-road performance.
- The 2020 Outback features a 260-horsepower turbocharged engine, an 11.6-inch touchscreen, and Subaru’s EyeSight safety system as standard.
- The 2020 Impreza has standard all-wheel drive, and delivers an impressive 36 highway mpg with its 2.0-liter engine.
- The 2020 Legacy offers standard all-wheel drive and two engine options: a 2.5-liter four-cylinder or a turbocharged 2.4-liter that delivers up to 260 horsepower.
- The 2020 WRX comes with a turbocharged 2.0-liter engine that generates up to 310 horsepower, along with standard all-wheel drive and a six-speed manual transmission.
- The 2020 BRZ has a 2.0-liter engine that delivers up to 205 horsepower and 156 lb-ft of torque, and comes with standard rear-wheel drive.
- The 2020 Crosstrek also has a 2.0-liter engine that generates up to 152 horsepower and 145 lb-ft of torque, and is equipped with X-Mode and EyeSight technology as standard.
Comparison to Similar Cars in the Market
Subaru has always stood out in the market for its commitment to safety, performance, and all-wheel drive capabilities. Even with the 2020 lineup, Subaru continues to deliver on these values, which is why its models remain a top choice for many potential buyers.
When compared to similar cars in the market, such as the Honda CR-V or Toyota RAV4, Subaru’s models offer unique features and capabilities that set them apart. For example, the Crosstrek comes standard with all-wheel drive, offering more off-road capability than the RAV4. And the Forester, with its X-Mode technology, can tackle even the toughest terrains more easily than the CR-V.
Pricing and Availability
The pricing for each model in the 2020 Subaru lineup varies, and depends on the trim and optional features chosen. Here’s a quick overview:
- Subaru Ascent – starts at $31,995
- Subaru Forester – starts at $24,495
- Subaru Outback – starts at $26,645
- Subaru Impreza – starts at $18,695
- Subaru Legacy – starts at $22,745
- Subaru WRX – starts at $27,495
- Subaru BRZ – starts at $28,845
- Subaru Crosstrek – starts at $22,145
All models are already available for purchase except for the WRX and BRZ, which are set to release later this fall.
Q: Are the 2020 Subaru models safe?
A: Yes, all 2020 Subaru models come with EyeSight driver assist technology as standard, which includes adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, and forward collision warning.
Q: Can I take the Forester off-road?
A: Yes, the Forester comes with X-Mode traction control technology, which optimizes engine output and transmission ratios to provide better grip on uneven surfaces.
Q: Are the 2020 Subaru models fuel-efficient?
A: Yes, all 2020 Subaru models come with the brand’s famous symmetrical all-wheel drive system, which improves stability and efficiency on the road.
The 2020 Subaru lineup is already making waves in the market, and for good reason. With their commitment to safety, performance, and cutting-edge features, Subaru has once again delivered a set of models that can rival even the most advanced cars out there. Whether you’re in the market for an SUV, a sedan, or a sporty coupe, the 2020 Subaru models have something for everyone.