Subaru Starlink remote start is a feature that comes with the Starlink package in Subaru cars, allowing users to start their vehicles remotely using a key fob or a mobile app. This feature comes in handy during harsh weather conditions or when users want their car warmed up before driving. In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to use Subaru Starlink remote start safely and efficiently.
Activating the Remote Start Feature
Before you can use the remote start feature, you need to activate it on your Subaru Starlink system. Here’s how to do it:
- Ensure the car is in park mode.
- Press the "STARLINK" button on your car’s infotainment system.
- Select "Settings" on the Starlink’s home screen.
- Select "Remote Start" from the settings menu.
- Follow the prompts to finish the remote start activation process.
Once you have activated the remote start feature, you are ready to start your car remotely.
Preparing the Car for Remote Starting
Before starting the car remotely, ensure that it is properly prepared for the start:
- Ensure all the windows, doors, and the trunk are closed.
- Check that the brake pedal is not pressed.
- Ensure that the car has enough fuel to start.
By following these simple steps, users can prevent issues with remote starting, such as engine failure or door-lock issues.
Setting up a Remote Start Schedule
Subaru Starlink also allows users to set up a remote start schedule for their car. With this feature, users can schedule the car to start at a specific time during the day or week. Users can set up the schedule using the following steps:
- From the Starlink main menu, select "Settings."
- Select "Remote Start."
- Select the "Schedule" option.
- Select "Create."
- Set the desired start time and frequency (daily or weekly).
- Confirm the settings by selecting "Save."
By setting up a remote start schedule, users can enjoy a warm car waiting for them without worrying about manually starting it.
Using the Mobile App for Remote Start
Subaru also provides a mobile app that users can download to their smartphones to start their car remotely. Here’s how to use the app for remote start:
- Download the "MySubaru" app on your smartphone from the App Store or Google Play.
- Log in to the app using your MySubaru account credentials.
- Select the "Remote Start" icon on the home screen.
- Follow the prompts to start the car.
The mobile app remote start feature allows users more convenience as they can start their car remotely from anywhere, as long as there is an internet connection.
Troubleshooting Common Issues with Remote Start
Despite being a helpful feature, the remote start can sometimes face a few challenges. Here are some common issues that users may encounter and how to troubleshoot them:
- Engine Failure – If the engine fails to start, try restarting the process, ensuring that all windows and doors are closed, and the trunk is locked.
- Door-Lock Issues – If the car fails to lock or unlock after remote starting, try using the key fob to lock and unlock the doors.
- Low Car Battery – If the car battery is low, the remote start feature might not function correctly. Replace the battery and try starting the car remotely again.
Tips for Using the Feature Safely
- Always ensure that the car is in a safe and secure place before starting it remotely.
- Do not use the feature in closed spaces, such as garages, to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
- The feature is not recommended for cars that are parked in areas with high theft rates, such as downtown areas or busy streets.
By following these tips, users can prevent accidents and keep themselves and their cars safe.
The Subaru Starlink remote start feature provides convenience to car owners by allowing them to start their cars remotely. By following our step-by-step guides and tips, Subaru users can use the feature safely while being confident in using it. Whether you are using the key fob or mobile app to start your car remotely, always take precautions and stay safe!