If you’re a proud Subaru owner, you may already be familiar with the Starlink feature that can be found in many Subaru models. This technology offers convenience and safety benefits to car owners, and one of its most useful features is remote start. With remote start, you can start your car from your phone or smartwatch, saving you time and hassle, especially during colder months. In this article, we will guide you through the process of setting up and using the remote start feature on your Subaru, so you can enjoy the full benefits of your car’s technology.
Introduction to Starlink in Subaru Vehicles
Subaru’s Starlink infotainment system is an advanced technology that offers a range of features and capabilities to car owners. Along with Bluetooth connectivity, music streaming, and smartphone integration, Starlink also features remote start. This feature allows car owners to turn on their car’s engine remotely, which in turn activates the air conditioning or heating system, providing instant comfort when you enter the car. This advanced feature is ideal for those living in extreme climates or those who don’t want to sit in a hot or freezing car.
Setting Up and Registering for Starlink Service
Before you can start using the remote start feature, you need to set up and register for the Starlink service. Here’s how to do it:
- Press the Starlink button on your car’s dashboard, or open the Starlink app on your smartphone.
- Follow the prompts to set up and register for the service. You will need to enter your personal information, car details, and payment information if you want to access premium features.
- Once you have completed the registration, you can link your car to the Starlink app on your mobile device.
Benefits of Remote Start through Starlink
The remote start feature in Subaru’s Starlink can provide several benefits to car owners. Here are some of them:
- Convenience: With remote start, you can start your car from a distance, saving you time and hassle, especially during colder months.
- Comfort: When you use remote start, it can activate your car’s air conditioning or heating system, ensuring a comfortable temperature when you enter the car.
- Safety: Starting your car remotely through Starlink can also help enhance your safety. You can avoid walking to your car in the dark or cold and potentially encountering dangerous situations.
How to Start Your Car Remotely with Starlink
Now that you have registered for the service and linked your car to the app, it’s time to start using the remote start feature. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Starlink app on your smartphone or smartwatch.
- Tap the Remote Start button.
- Follow the prompts to confirm that you want to start the engine remotely.
- Wait for the car’s engine to start, and you’re good to go!
Troubleshooting Tips for Common Issues
Sometimes, things may not go as planned, and you may encounter issues with the remote start feature. Here are some troubleshooting tips that may help:
- Make sure that your car is in a place with good network coverage since the remote start feature uses a cellular signal to communicate with your car.
- Check your car’s battery, as a weak or dead battery can prevent the remote start from functioning correctly.
- Verify that the doors are locked and closed, as the remote start feature won’t work if the doors are open.
Safety Considerations and Precautions
While remote start is a useful feature, it’s essential to use it responsibly and safely. Here are some safety considerations and precautions to keep in mind:
- Don’t start your car remotely in an enclosed space or garage, as this can lead to carbon monoxide buildup, which can be dangerous or fatal.
- Always secure your car and check that it is in a safe position before starting it remotely.
- Be aware of your surroundings when you approach the car after using remote start.
Q: Is remote start available on all Subaru models?
A: No, remote start is only available on select Subaru models equipped with Starlink.
Q: Do I need to renew my Starlink subscription to use remote start?
A: Yes, you need an active Starlink subscription to access the remote start feature.
Q: Can I use the remote start feature from anywhere?
A: No, you need to be within range of your car to use the remote start feature, usually within several hundred feet.
Subaru’s Starlink feature is an exciting and convenient technology that can provide several benefits to car owners. The remote start feature, in particular, rises to the top as one of the most useful features. With this guide, you are now equipped and empowered to set up and utilize this feature in your Subaru, providing a comfortable and convenient experience in your beloved vehicle.