As a proud owner of a 2019 Subaru, you may be curious about all the features and capabilities your car has to offer. One feature that many car owners enjoy is cruise control, which can make long drives much easier and more comfortable. Setting cruise control is a simple process, and this guide will walk you through all the steps needed to activate and engage it.
Locating the Cruise Control Controls on Your 2019 Subaru
The cruise control controls on the 2019 Subaru are located on the steering wheel, near the center console. There are several buttons to familiarize yourself with:
- ON/OFF: This button turns cruise control on and off.
- SET: Once cruise control is activated, this button sets the speed you want to maintain.
- RES/+: Use this button to increase your speed when in cruise control mode.
- ACC/-: Use this button to decrease your speed when in cruise control mode.
How to Activate Cruise Control on a 2019 Subaru
Activating cruise control on your Subaru is a simple process. Follow these steps:
- Get your car up to the speed you want to maintain.
- Press the ON/OFF button on the steering wheel. This will turn on the cruise control indicator light, which is located on your dashboard.
- Once cruise control is activated, use the SET button to set the speed you want to maintain. You can now take your foot off the gas pedal and let the car do the work!
How to Engage and Disengage Cruise Control on a 2019 Subaru
Once cruise control is activated, engaging and disengaging it is a breeze. Follow these steps:
- To engage: simply press the SET button.
- To disengage: tap the brake pedal, hit the ON/OFF button, or tap the RES/+: button. Alternatively, you can press the clutch (if you’re driving a manual transmission car).
Tips for Using Cruise Control on Your 2019 Subaru
While cruise control can come in handy on long drives, it’s important to always prioritize safety when on the road. Follow these tips to make sure you’re using cruise control effectively and safely:
- Always make sure the road ahead is clear before setting or engaging cruise control.
- Don’t use cruise control in heavy traffic or on winding roads.
- Pay close attention to your surroundings, even when cruise control is engaged.
- It’s always a good idea to have a backup plan in case of unexpected obstacles or changes in traffic flow.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to make the most of your 2019 Subaru’s cruise control feature and enjoy a more comfortable, enjoyable drive.
Q: Can I change the speed of my 2019 Subaru when I’m in cruise control mode?
A: Yes. Simply use the ACC/- and RES/+ buttons on the steering wheel to increase or decrease your speed as needed.
Q: Is it safe to use cruise control all the time?
A: While cruise control can certainly make long drives more comfortable, it’s important to remain aware of your surroundings and to always prioritize safety. Use cruise control responsibly and only in appropriate driving conditions.
Q: Can I engage cruise control when driving uphill or downhill?
A: Yes, you can engage cruise control when driving up or downhill. However, keep in mind that your car may need to downshift or upshift to maintain a steady speed, which can affect your fuel efficiency.