Are you experiencing difficulty opening or closing the hatchback of your 2014 Subaru Forester? If yes, then it’s possible that your lift support is faulty and needs replacement. Don’t worry, replacing the lift support is a simple process that you can do yourself with the right tools and knowledge. In this article, we’ll guide you on how to replace hatchback lift support on your 2014 Subaru Forester.
Key Takeaways 🧐
- A faulty lift support can cause difficulty in opening or closing the hatchback of your 2014 Subaru Forester.
- Replacing the lift support is a simple process that requires basic tools and knowledge.
- To replace the lift support, you need to remove the old lift support, install the new one, and test it for proper function.
Required Tools and Materials 🛠️
- New Hatchback Lift Support
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Trim Removal Tools
- Safety Glasses
Steps for Replacing Hatchback Lift Support in 2014 Subaru Forester 📝
Follow these simple steps to replace the lift support in your 2014 Subaru Forester:
Step 1: Remove the Old Lift Support
- Open the hatchback of your 2014 Subaru Forester.
- Locate the lift support that needs replacement.
- Using a trim removal tool, gently pry out the metal clip holding the lift support ball joint to the vehicle body.
- Once the clip is removed, use a flathead screwdriver to pry out the other end of the lift support from the ball joint on the hatchback.
- Repeat the process to remove the other lift support.
Step 2: Install the New Lift Support
- Take the new lift support and attach one end to the ball joint on the hatchback.
- Use a flathead screwdriver to push the other end of the lift support onto the ball joint on the vehicle body.
- Repeat the process to install the other lift support.
Step 3: Test the Hatchback Lift Support
- Close the hatchback and check if the new lift support is working properly.
- Test the lift support by opening and closing the hatchback a few times to ensure that it is functioning correctly.
Replacing the hatchback lift support in your 2014 Subaru Forester is an easy process that can be done with basic tools and knowledge. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can replace the lift support and ensure that the hatchback of your vehicle is working properly. Remember to always take safety precautions such as wearing safety glasses and gloves before attempting any repairs on your vehicle.
Q: Can I replace the lift support myself or do I need to take it to a mechanic?
- A: You can replace the lift support yourself with basic tools and knowledge.
Q: What are the signs that my lift support needs replacement?
- A: Difficulty in opening or closing the hatchback door is one of the signs that your lift support needs replacement.
Q: How do I know which lift support to buy for my 2014 Subaru Forester?
- A: You can check your vehicle’s manual or contact a Subaru dealership to determine which lift support is suitable for your vehicle.