If you’re a car enthusiast, you’ve probably heard of the legendary Subaru 22B STi. This iconic vehicle, produced between 1998 and 2000, has become an object of desire for many car collectors and Subaru fans around the world. But how much does a Subaru 22B cost, and what makes it so special? In this comprehensive guide, we’ll take a closer look at this iconic car and explore its history, specifications, and pricing information to help you determine if it’s the right car for you.
- The Subaru 22B STi is a limited edition rally car produced between 1998 and 2000.
- Only 424 units of the 22B were produced, making it a rare and highly sought-after vehicle.
- The 22B features a turbocharged 2.2-liter Boxer engine, producing 276 horsepower and 268 lb-ft of torque.
- Pricing for a Subaru 22B can vary depending on condition and location, but expect to pay anywhere from $65,000 to $150,000 for a well-maintained example.
History of the Subaru 22B STi
The Subaru 22B STi was created to celebrate Subaru’s third consecutive Manufacturers’ Championship win in the World Rally Championship. The car was based on the Impreza WRX STi and featured a number of significant upgrades to make it even more capable on the rally stage.
One of the most notable changes was the use of a wider body, which allowed for wider wheels and tires and improved handling. The 22B also featured a more powerful engine, with a turbocharged 2.2-liter Boxer engine producing 276 horsepower and 268 lb-ft of torque. Other upgrades included a hydraulic handbrake, quick-ratio steering, and a revised suspension system.
Despite being intended as a rally car, the Subaru 22B was never homologated for competition use. Instead, it was sold as a limited edition road car, with only 424 units produced. This rarity, combined with the car’s impressive performance and unique styling, has made it a highly sought-after vehicle among car collectors and Subaru enthusiasts.
Specifications of the Subaru 22B STi
The Subaru 22B STi is a high-performance car that was designed for rally enthusiasts and serious driving enthusiasts alike. Here are some of the key specifications of this iconic vehicle:
- Engine: Turbocharged 2.2-liter Boxer engine
- Horsepower: 276 hp
- Torque: 268 lb-ft
- Transmission: 5-speed manual
- Drive type: All-wheel drive
- 0-60 mph time: 4.8 seconds
- Top speed: 155 mph
- Weight: 3,240 lbs
- Length: 174.4 inches
- Width: 68.9 inches
- Height: 54.3 inches
Pricing Information for the Subaru 22B STi
Due to its rarity and desirability, the Subaru 22B STi can be quite expensive. However, pricing can vary depending on a number of factors, including the condition of the car, its location, and any modifications or upgrades that have been made. Here’s a rough estimate of how much you can expect to pay for a Subaru 22B:
- In Japan, where the car was originally sold, prices range from $65,000 to $100,000 for a well-maintained example.
- In the United Kingdom, prices range from £100,000 to £120,000.
- In the United States, prices are typically higher due to the difficulty of importing the car. Expect to pay anywhere from $100,000 to $150,000 for a Subaru 22B in the US.
What makes the Subaru 22B STi so special?
The Subaru 22B STi is a limited edition rally car produced to celebrate Subaru’s third consecutive Manufacturers’ Championship win in the World Rally Championship. Only 424 units of the 22B were produced, making it a rare and highly sought-after vehicle among car collectors and Subaru enthusiasts.
How fast is a Subaru 22B STi?
The Subaru 22B STi is a high-performance car that can achieve a top speed of 155 mph and a 0-60 mph time of 4.8 seconds.
How much does a Subaru 22B cost?
Pricing for a Subaru 22B can vary depending on condition and location, but expect to pay anywhere from $65,000 to $150,000 for a well-maintained example.
Is it legal to import a Subaru 22B into the United States?
Yes, it is possible to import a Subaru 22B into the United States, but the process can be difficult and expensive due to the car’s limited availability and unique specifications. It is recommended to work with an experienced importer to ensure that the car meets all necessary regulations and requirements.