Are you considering leasing a Subaru vehicle but have concerns about how many miles you can expect to get per gallon? This article will provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision.
Factors that Influence Mileage
Several factors can influence how many miles per gallon you can expect to get when leasing a Subaru vehicle. Some of these factors include:
- Vehicle Make and Model: Different Subaru models have different fuel efficiencies based on their engine size and features.
- Driving Habits: Aggressive driving and frequent acceleration and braking can reduce fuel efficiency.
- Roads: Driving on hilly or uneven terrain, or in stop-and-go traffic, can also negatively affect fuel efficiency.
Average Mileage for Subaru Lease Vehicles
The average mileage that you can expect to get when leasing a Subaru vehicle will depend on the specific model and driving habits. However, in general, Subaru’s vehicles are known for their fuel efficiency. For example:
- The Subaru Impreza, which is a compact car, has a combined MPG of up to 36.
- The Subaru Crosstrek, which is a small SUV, has a combined MPG of up to 30.
- The Subaru Outback, which is a midsize SUV, has a combined MPG of up to 29.
Keep in mind that these are averages and may vary based on individual driving habits and road conditions.
Tips for Improving Mileage
There are several tips you can follow to improve mileage when leasing a Subaru vehicle. These include:
- Regular Maintenance: Keeping your Subaru vehicle well maintained, including routine oil changes and air filter replacements, can improve fuel efficiency.
- Proper Tire Pressure: Ensuring that your tires are inflated to the recommended pressure can also help improve mileage.
- Efficient Driving Practices: Driving at a steady speed, avoiding excessive acceleration and braking, and removing unnecessary weight from your vehicle can all help improve fuel efficiency.
Impact on Cost of Leasing
Mileage can have an impact on the cost of leasing a Subaru vehicle. Most lease agreements include a set mileage limit, which can range from 10,000 to 15,000 miles per year. If you go over this limit, you may be subject to penalties, which can range from 10 to 30 cents per mile.
It’s important to assess your driving habits and estimate how many miles you think you will drive before entering into a lease agreement. If you expect to drive more than the set mileage limit, you may want to consider negotiating a higher limit or looking for a plan with more favorable mileage terms.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it worth leasing a Subaru for its fuel efficiency?
Yes, Subaru vehicles are known for their fuel efficiency and are a great option if you’re looking for a vehicle that can save you money on gas in the long run.
How can I tell if I’m driving efficiently?
Your Subaru vehicle may have a fuel economy gauge or display that shows your real-time MPG. You can also track your fuel usage by keeping a log of your mileage and fill-ups.
What should I do if I go over my mileage limit?
If you go over your mileage limit, you will be subject to penalties that are specified in your lease agreement. To avoid these penalties, you can negotiate a higher mileage limit or purchase additional miles upfront.
What happens if I don’t maintain my leased Subaru?
Failing to properly maintain your leased Subaru can result in penalties or fees at the end of the lease agreement. This can include charges for excessive wear and tear or damage caused by lack of maintenance. To avoid these fees, it’s important to properly maintain your vehicle throughout the lease period.
Leasing a Subaru vehicle can be a great option for those looking for a fuel-efficient and affordable vehicle. By following the tips outlined in this article, you can maximize mileage and save money on gas. Just remember to assess your driving habits and mileage needs before entering into a lease agreement to avoid penalties and fees.