If you’re a fan of big, spacious vehicles with plenty of room for passengers and cargo, then the Chevy Suburban might be right up your alley. This full-size SUV is built for families and adventurers alike, with a powerful engine, a comfortable interior, and plenty of features to keep everyone happy on long road trips. But when it comes to fuel efficiency and range, one common question that comes up is: how many gallons can a 2018 Chevy Suburban hold?
- The 2018 Chevy Suburban has a fuel tank capacity of 31 gallons.
- This SUV gets an estimated 14-15 mpg in the city and 21-23 mpg on the highway.
- With a full tank of gas, the Suburban can travel up to 651 miles before needing to refuel.
- Maintaining proper tire pressure, avoiding excessive idling and accelerating smoothly can help improve fuel efficiency.
Fuel Tank Capacity
First things first, let’s talk about the fuel tank capacity of the 2018 Chevy Suburban. This SUV is equipped with a large fuel tank that can hold up to 31 gallons of gasoline. That’s a pretty impressive capacity, especially when you consider that many smaller cars have tanks that hold 12-14 gallons or less.
With a full tank of gas, the Suburban can travel a long way before needing to refuel. In fact, at highway speeds, this SUV can travel up to 651 miles on a single tank of gas. Of course, fuel economy can vary depending on a number of factors, including driving habits, road conditions, and cargo weight, so your actual mileage may vary.
Speaking of fuel economy, let’s take a closer look at how efficient the 2018 Chevy Suburban really is. According to the US Department of Energy, the Suburban gets an estimated 14-15 miles per gallon in the city and 21-23 mpg on the highway. These numbers are based on the standard 5.3-liter V8 engine, which is the most common engine option for this SUV.
Of course, there are a few other factors that can impact fuel economy as well, such as the type of fuel you use, the age of your vehicle, and how well you maintain it. If you want to get the most out of your Suburban’s fuel efficiency, there are a few things you can do to improve your mileage. For example:
- Keep your tires properly inflated to the recommended PSI
- Avoid excessive idling or stop-and-go traffic when possible
- Accelerate and brake smoothly
- Remove any unnecessary weight or cargo from your vehicle
By following these tips, you can help improve your Suburban’s fuel efficiency and get the most out of each tank of gas.
Other Factors to Consider
While fuel tank capacity and fuel economy are certainly important factors to consider, there are a few other things you should keep in mind when it comes to the 2018 Chevy Suburban. For example:
- The Suburban comes with a variety of engine options, including a 6.2-liter V8 that offers more power (but lower fuel efficiency) than the standard engine.
- The Suburban is a heavy vehicle (it weighs over 5,500 pounds), which can impact both fuel economy and handling.
- The Suburban has a towing capacity of up to 8,300 pounds, which can also impact fuel economy if you’re towing a heavy load.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How often do I need to fill up my 2018 Chevy Suburban’s gas tank?
A: It depends on how much you drive and how efficiently you drive, but with a 31-gallon fuel tank and an estimated highway mileage of 21-23 mpg, you could potentially go up to 651 miles on a single tank of gas.
Q: What kind of fuel does the 2018 Chevy Suburban require?
A: The Suburban is designed to run on regular unleaded gasoline.
Q: Can I improve my Suburban’s fuel economy?
A: Yes! By following some basic tips like keeping your tires properly inflated and driving smoothly, you can help improve your Suburban’s fuel efficiency.
Q: How much does it cost to fill up a 2018 Chevy Suburban’s gas tank?
A: It depends on the current price of gasoline, but with a 31-gallon tank, you could be looking at a cost of $100 or more to fill up from empty.
In summary, the 2018 Chevy Suburban has a fuel tank capacity of 31 gallons, which allows it to travel up to 651 miles on a single tank of gas (depending on driving conditions). This SUV gets an estimated 14-15 mpg in the city and 21-23 mpg on the highway, and there are a few things you can do to improve its fuel efficiency. Overall, the Suburban is a powerful and capable vehicle that offers plenty of space for passengers and cargo, but it’s important to keep fuel economy in mind if you’re planning on taking it on long road trips.