If you’ve ever ordered a brand new car, you know the excitement of waiting for it to arrive. But the waiting game can be frustrating, especially when you don’t know how long you’ll be waiting for. In this article, we’ll explore the process of delivery for Subaru vehicles and answer the question "how long from port to delivery for Subaru?" in detail.
- Delivery times for Subaru vehicles vary depending on shipping methods, processing times, and external factors like weather and customs clearance.
- Subaru vehicles are shipped from Japan to the United States by sea, and then transported by truck to dealerships across the country.
- The average delivery time for a Subaru vehicle is between 6-8 weeks from the date of purchase, but this can vary depending on factors like the model, color, and location of the dealership.
- Ordering a custom-built Subaru can add several weeks or months to the delivery time, depending on the availability of parts and production schedules.
- Patience is key when waiting for your new Subaru, but tracking your order and keeping in touch with your dealership can help alleviate some of the waiting game frustration.
Shipping Methods for Subaru Vehicles
Subaru vehicles are manufactured in Japan, and then shipped to the United States via cargo ships. There are several shipping companies that Subaru uses, including K-Line, NYK Line, and MOL. The shipping process can take anywhere from 14-30 days, depending on the route and weather conditions.
Once the vehicles arrive in the United States, they are transported to a processing facility where they undergo inspections, modifications (if necessary), and preparation for delivery to dealerships. This process can take anywhere from a few days to several weeks, depending on the volume of vehicles being processed and the condition of the vehicles upon arrival.
Processing Times for Subaru Vehicles
After the vehicles have been processed, they are transported to a regional distribution center where they are sorted, organized, and prepared for transport to individual dealerships. This process can take several days to a week, depending on the location of the distribution center and the number of vehicles being processed.
Once the vehicles have been assigned to a dealership, they are transported by truck to the dealership’s location. This can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days, depending on the distance between the distribution center and the dealership.
Factors Affecting Delivery Time for Subaru Vehicles
While the average delivery time for a Subaru vehicle is between 6-8 weeks, there are several factors that can affect the delivery time. These include:
- Model availability: Some Subaru models are more popular than others, and may have longer wait times due to high demand.
- Color availability: Certain colors may be more popular or less common, which can affect the delivery time.
- Location of the dealership: If your dealership is located far from the distribution center, it may take longer for your vehicle to arrive.
- Custom orders: If you’re ordering a custom-built Subaru, the delivery time can vary depending on the availability of parts and production schedules.
- Weather and external factors: Delays in shipping due to weather or customs clearance can also affect the delivery time.
Tracking Your Subaru Order
If you’re eagerly waiting for your new Subaru to arrive, you can track your order through Subaru’s website. Once your vehicle has been assigned to a dealership, you can contact the dealership directly to inquire about the status of your order. Keeping in touch with your dealership can also help you stay up-to-date on any potential delays or issues that may arise during the delivery process.
If you’re in the market for a new Subaru, it’s important to understand the delivery process and the factors that can affect the delivery time. While the average delivery time for a Subaru vehicle is between 6-8 weeks, there are several variables that can impact the delivery time, including shipping methods, processing times, and external factors like weather and customs clearance. By staying patient, tracking your order, and staying in touch with your dealership, you can make the waiting game a little less frustrating and enjoy the excitement of receiving your new Subaru.