If you own a 2015 Subaru Outback, you may have noticed that its infotainment system (Infolink) is starting to show its age. While the system was state-of-the-art at the time of release, it may now be lacking some of the features found in newer models. Fortunately, there are ways to update the Infolink system and take advantage of the latest technology.
In this guide, we will walk you through the steps to update the Infolink system for your 2015 Subaru Outback. We will cover everything from preparing your car and computer to installing the update and troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
- Updating the Infolink system for your 2015 Subaru Outback can bring it up to date with the latest features and improvements.
- You will need to prepare your car and computer before downloading and installing the update.
- The update process can take several hours, so make sure you have enough time before you begin.
- If you encounter any issues during the update process, consult the troubleshooting guide or contact customer support for assistance.
Step 1: Prepare Your Car and Computer
Before you begin the update process, you will need to prepare your car and computer to ensure everything goes smoothly.
Back Up Your Infolink System
Before you begin the update process, it is essential to back up your Infolink system to avoid losing any valuable data. To back up your system, follow these steps:
- Turn on your car and navigate to the Infolink system.
- Select "Settings" and then "System Information."
- Select "Import/Export" and then "Export Settings."
- Follow the on-screen instructions to save the backup file to a USB drive.
Check Your Car’s Battery and Internet Connection
Updating the Infolink system can take several hours, so it is crucial to ensure that your car’s battery is fully charged and that it is connected to a stable internet connection. You may also want to consider keeping your car running during the update process to prevent the battery from draining.
Download Subaru Map Update Toolbox
To update your Infolink system, you will need to download and install the Subaru Map Update Toolbox on your computer. The Toolbox is available for Windows and Mac and can be downloaded from the Subaru website.
Step 2: Download and Install the Update
Once you have prepared your car and computer, it is time to download and install the update. Follow these steps to complete the process:
Connect Your USB Drive to Your Computer
Connect the USB drive that contains your Infolink backup to your computer.
Launch Subaru Map Update Toolbox
Launch the Subaru Map Update Toolbox and follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your computer.
Select Your Car Model and Infolink System
Select your car model and Infolink system from the list provided in the Toolbox.
Download the Update
The Toolbox will detect any available updates and prompt you to download and install them. Follow the on-screen instructions to download the update to your USB drive.
Install the Update in Your Car
Once the update has finished downloading, eject the USB drive, and insert it into your car’s USB port. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.
Step 3: Troubleshooting
If you encounter any issues during the update process, consult the troubleshooting guide provided by Subaru or contact customer support for assistance. Common issues include:
- Inability to detect the USB drive
- "Download Failed" error message
- "Install Failed" error message
- System freezes or crashes during the update process
Updating the Infolink system for your 2015 Subaru Outback can bring it up to date with the latest features and improvements. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can ensure a smooth and efficient update process. Remember to prepare your car and computer, back up your Infolink system, and download the Subaru Map Update Toolbox before beginning the update process. If you encounter any issues, consult the troubleshooting guide or contact customer support for assistance.
🚘 Happy updating! 🚀