If you’re a tall person, finding a suitable car can be a struggle. You can’t just jump into any car and expect to have a comfortable driving experience. One car that has been praised by many for its spaciousness is the Subaru Outback. But is the Subaru Outback good for tall drivers? In this article, we will explore this question in-depth and provide high-value information to help you decide if the Subaru Outback is the right car for you.
- The Subaru Outback is a spacious car with ample room for tall drivers and passengers.
- Its adjustable seats and steering wheel allow for a customizable driving experience.
- The car’s safety features, handling, and fuel efficiency make it an attractive option for all drivers.
- The Outback’s ground clearance and all-wheel-drive capabilities make it suitable for off-road adventures.
The Subaru Outback is a midsize crossover SUV that offers ample interior space for driver and passengers alike. With a total passenger volume of 109 cubic feet, the Outback provides plenty of room to stretch out and get comfortable.
One of the standout features of the Outback is its adjustable seats. The driver’s seat can be adjusted up to 10 ways, including lumbar support, to ensure maximum comfort for tall drivers. Additionally, the Outback has a tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel, which means that the driver can adjust the wheel’s position for a more comfortable driving experience.
Safety should always be a top consideration when choosing a car, and the Subaru Outback does not disappoint in this area. The car has a 5-star overall safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and has been named a Top Safety Pick+ by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
The Outback comes equipped with a wide range of safety features, including:
- EyeSight Driver Assist Technology: This system uses cameras and sensors to detect potential hazards and can apply the brakes or adjust the throttle to avoid a collision.
- Blind-Spot Detection and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert: These features use radar sensors to detect vehicles in your blind spot or approaching from the side when you’re in reverse.
- Subaru Rear Vehicle Detection: This system includes Blind-Spot Detection, Lane Change Assist, and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert.
- Reverse Automatic Braking: This feature can detect objects behind the vehicle and apply the brakes if necessary to avoid a collision.
Handling and Performance
The Outback is known for its handling and performance capabilities. The car’s standard all-wheel-drive system provides excellent traction and control, making it suitable for all weather and road conditions.
The Outback comes equipped with a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine that produces 182 horsepower and 176 lb-ft of torque. There’s also an available 2.4-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that produces 260 horsepower and 277 lb-ft of torque.
Despite its size, the Outback has impressive fuel efficiency. The base engine gets an EPA-estimated 26 mpg city/33 mpg highway, while the turbocharged engine gets an EPA-estimated 23 mpg city/30 mpg highway.
One of the unique features of the Subaru Outback is its off-road capabilities. With 8.7 inches of ground clearance, the Outback can easily navigate rough terrain and steep inclines. Additionally, the car’s all-wheel-drive system allows it to maintain traction on loose surfaces, such as gravel or dirt roads.
If you’re looking for an adventure vehicle that can handle both on and off-road conditions, the Subaru Outback is an excellent choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the average height of a Subaru Outback driver?
There is no specific average height for Subaru Outback drivers, as the car is suitable for drivers of all sizes. However, the car’s spacious interior is particularly beneficial for tall drivers.
How much headroom does the Subaru Outback have?
The Subaru Outback has 40.1 inches of front headroom and 39.1 inches of rear headroom. This ample headroom makes the car suitable for tall drivers and passengers.
Is the Subaru Outback good for long drives?
Yes, the Subaru Outback is an excellent car for long drives. The car’s spacious interior, comfortable seats, and customizable driving experience make it a great option for extended road trips.
Does the Subaru Outback have good resale value?
Yes, the Subaru Outback has an excellent resale value. According to Kelley Blue Book, the car retains its value better than most other midsize SUVs, making it a smart investment.
In conclusion, the Subaru Outback is an excellent car for tall drivers. The car’s spacious interior, adjustable seats and steering wheel, safety features, handling, fuel efficiency, and off-road capabilities make it a great option for all drivers. If you’re tall and looking for a car that provides both comfort and versatility, the Subaru Outback is definitely worth considering.