If you’re in the market for a versatile and reliable car, you’ve likely come across the Subaru Outback. As a Reddit user, you might have stumbled upon discussions and debates about the car’s quality, performance, and overall value. With so much information out there, it can be overwhelming to make an informed decision. That’s where we come in. In this article, we’ll provide you with a comprehensive overview of the Subaru Outback, covering its features, performance, reliability, price, and comparisons with other models in its class. We’ll also answer some common questions about the car and provide you with some key takeaways.
- The Subaru Outback is a reliable and versatile car that offers good value for its price.
- It has a spacious and comfortable interior, with plenty of cargo space.
- The car’s standard safety features and all-wheel-drive make it a good choice for outdoor enthusiasts and families.
- The Subaru Outback offers good fuel efficiency, with an average of 26 miles per gallon.
- It faces tough competition from other midsize SUVs, including the Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4.
The Subaru Outback is a midsize SUV that offers plenty of features for drivers and passengers. It has a spacious and comfortable interior, with seating for up to five people and plenty of legroom and headroom. The car also has a generous cargo space, with up to 75.7 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats folded down.
In terms of technology, the Subaru Outback comes with a standard infotainment system that includes a 7-inch touchscreen display, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Bluetooth connectivity, and a four-speaker audio system. Higher trims include additional features such as a premium audio system, a larger touchscreen display, and a navigation system.
Other notable features of the Subaru Outback include:
- EyeSight driver assistance technology
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane departure warning and lane keep assist
- Rearview camera
- Automatic emergency braking
The Subaru Outback comes with two engine options: a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine and a 2.4-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine. The base engine produces 182 horsepower and 176 lb-ft of torque, while the turbocharged engine produces 260 horsepower and 277 lb-ft of torque. Both engines come with a continuously variable transmission (CVT).
The car’s all-wheel-drive system is standard, providing good traction and stability on all types of terrain. The car’s ground clearance of 8.7 inches makes it a good choice for outdoor enthusiasts who enjoy off-road adventures.
In terms of fuel efficiency, the Subaru Outback gets an average of 26 miles per gallon, with 33 miles per gallon on highways and 22 miles per gallon in the city.
The Subaru Outback has a good reputation for reliability, with a score of 83 out of 100 in the J.D. Power 2021 U.S. Vehicle Dependability Study. The car also received a five-star overall safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
According to Consumer Reports, the Subaru Outback has a reliability rating of 84 out of 100, with predicted reliability of four out of five for the 2021 model. The car’s warranty includes a three-year/36,000-mile limited warranty and a five-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty.
The Subaru Outback is priced competitively for its class, with a starting price of $26,795 for the base model. Higher trims, such as the Limited and Touring, are priced at $34,645 and $38,545, respectively. The turbocharged engine is available as an option on the Limited and Touring trims, increasing the price by $2,500.
Compared to other midsize SUVs in its class, the Subaru Outback is priced similarly to the Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4. However, it may be more expensive than some of its competitors, such as the Mazda CX-5 and the Ford Escape.
The Subaru Outback faces tough competition from other midsize SUVs in its class. Here’s how it compares to some of its main competitors:
- Honda CR-V: The Honda CR-V starts at $25,350 and offers good fuel efficiency, with an average of 30 miles per gallon. It has a spacious interior and comes with standard safety features such as adaptive cruise control and automatic emergency braking.
- Toyota RAV4: The Toyota RAV4 starts at $26,150 and comes with standard all-wheel-drive. It has a reliable reputation and offers good fuel efficiency, with an average of 30 miles per gallon. The car also offers plenty of safety features, such as lane departure warning and automatic high-beam headlights.
- Mazda CX-5: The Mazda CX-5 starts at $25,370 and offers good handling and performance. It has a comfortable interior and comes with standard safety features such as blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert.
- Ford Escape: The Ford Escape starts at $24,885 and offers good fuel efficiency, with an average of 28 miles per gallon. It has a spacious and comfortable interior and comes with standard safety features such as forward collision warning and automatic emergency braking.
Q: Is the Subaru Outback good for off-roading?
A: Yes, the Subaru Outback is a good choice for off-road adventures thanks to its all-wheel-drive system and ground clearance of 8.7 inches.
Q: Does the Subaru Outback come with Apple CarPlay?
A: Yes, the Subaru Outback comes with standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Q: Is the Subaru Outback reliable?
A: Yes, the Subaru Outback has a good reputation for reliability, with a score of 83 out of 100 in the J.D. Power 2021 U.S. Vehicle Dependability Study.
Q: How many people can the Subaru Outback seat?
A: The Subaru Outback can seat up to five people.
In conclusion, the Subaru Outback is a reliable and versatile car that offers good value for its price. With its spacious and comfortable interior, standard safety features, and all-wheel-drive system, it’s a good choice for outdoor enthusiasts and families. While it faces tough competition from other midsize SUVs, it’s a solid choice that’s worth considering. We hope this article has provided you with all the information you need to make an informed decision about the Subaru Outback.