If you’re in the market for a new car, you might be wondering if the Subaru Outback with Eyesight has an integrated dashcam. With so many features to consider when purchasing a car, having a built-in dashcam can be a valuable addition. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the Subaru Outback with Eyesight and whether it has an integrated dashcam.
- The Subaru Outback with Eyesight does not come with an integrated dashcam.
- Subaru offers a range of aftermarket dashcams that can be installed in the Outback.
- Installing an aftermarket dashcam can provide additional safety benefits and peace of mind while driving.
Subaru Outback with Eyesight Features
Before we dive into whether the Subaru Outback with Eyesight has an integrated dashcam, let’s take a closer look at the features of the vehicle.
The Subaru Outback with Eyesight is a midsize SUV that boasts a range of advanced safety features. Some of the key features of the vehicle include:
- Eyesight Driver Assist Technology: This feature includes adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, and automatic pre-collision braking.
- All-Wheel Drive: The Outback comes standard with all-wheel drive, which can provide better traction and handling in a variety of weather conditions.
- Infotainment System: The Outback features an 11.6-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
While these features are impressive, the Outback with Eyesight does not come with an integrated dashcam.
Aftermarket Dashcams for the Subaru Outback
Although the Subaru Outback with Eyesight does not come with an integrated dashcam, there are plenty of aftermarket options available. Subaru actually offers a range of dashcam options that can be installed in the Outback.
One popular option is the BlackVue dashcam. This camera records both the front and rear of the vehicle, providing a 360-degree view of the surroundings. It also features built-in GPS and Wi-Fi, allowing you to view and download footage directly from your smartphone.
Another option is the Thinkware dashcam. This camera records in high definition and features a wide-angle lens for a better view of the road ahead. It also has built-in Wi-Fi and can be accessed through a smartphone app.
Installing an aftermarket dashcam in your Subaru Outback can provide additional safety benefits and peace of mind while driving. In the event of an accident, having footage from a dashcam can provide valuable evidence for insurance or legal purposes.
Benefits of a Dashcam
There are plenty of reasons to consider installing a dashcam in your Subaru Outback, even if it doesn’t come with one built-in. Here are just a few of the benefits of having a dashcam:
- Provides Evidence in the Event of an Accident: Dashcam footage can be used as evidence to prove who was at fault in the event of an accident.
- Deterrent for Theft or Vandalism: The presence of a dashcam can deter thieves or vandals from targeting your vehicle.
- Records Road Trips: If you enjoy taking road trips, a dashcam can capture all the scenery and memorable moments along the way.
- Captures Hit-and-Runs: If someone hits your car and drives away, a dashcam can capture their license plate or other identifying information.
Can I install a dashcam myself?
While it is possible to install a dashcam yourself, it is recommended that you have a professional do it for you. This will ensure that the camera is installed correctly and that all wiring is properly connected.
How much does it cost to install a dashcam?
The cost of installing a dashcam can vary depending on the make and model of your vehicle, as well as the type of dashcam you choose. Generally, installation costs range from $50 to $200.
Will installing a dashcam void my vehicle’s warranty?
No, installing a dashcam should not void your vehicle’s warranty. However, it’s always a good idea to check with your dealership or manufacturer to confirm.
While the Subaru Outback with Eyesight does not come with an integrated dashcam, there are plenty of aftermarket options available. Installing a dashcam can provide additional safety benefits and peace of mind while driving, making it a worthwhile investment for many drivers. If you’re interested in installing a dashcam in your Subaru Outback, be sure to research the options available and consider having it installed professionally to ensure it’s done correctly.