If you are a proud owner of a 2019 Subaru Outback or planning to purchase one, understanding the buttons and controls on the car dashboard is essential to optimize your driving experience and stay safe on the road. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore all the buttons and features on the car’s dashboard, including the steering wheel controls, infotainment system, climate control, and other essential features. So buckle up and let’s get started!
Steering Wheel Controls
The 2019 Subaru Outback features a range of steering wheel controls that allow you to adjust various settings without taking your hands off the steering wheel. The buttons on the left side of the steering wheel allow you to control the audio and infotainment system. You can navigate through the different menus using the arrow keys, and the OK button will select your desired option. You can also adjust the volume, change the source of the audio, and mute the sound using the dedicated buttons.
On the right side of the steering wheel, you’ll find the controls for the driver assistance features, such as adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, and pre-collision braking. You can activate these features and adjust their settings using the dedicated buttons.
The 2019 Subaru Outback features an advanced infotainment system that allows you to stay connected, entertained, and informed while on the road. The system features a large touchscreen display that provides access to a range of features, including:
- Navigation: The built-in navigation system allows you to get turn-by-turn directions, view maps, and search for POIs (Points of Interest).
- Media: You can connect your smartphone or other devices via Bluetooth or USB and play your favorite music, podcasts, or audiobooks.
- Phone: The infotainment system allows you to make and receive calls, send and receive texts, and access your phone’s contacts.
- Settings: You can adjust various settings, such as the display brightness, language, and sound settings.
The infotainment system is intuitive and easy to use, with a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to access various features.
The 2019 Subaru Outback features a dual-zone automatic climate control system that allows you and your passengers to adjust the temperature, fan speed, and airflow, independently. The system also features a range of other features, including:
- Air conditioner: The air conditioner helps to cool the air inside the car, regardless of the outside temperature.
- Defrost: The defrost feature helps to clear the windows and mirrors of fog or ice, ensuring clear visibility while driving.
- Heated seats: The front seats are equipped with heating elements that provide additional warmth in cold weather.
- Rear vents: The rear passengers can also adjust the temperature and airflow using the dedicated vents on the back of the center console.
The climate control system is easy to use, with dedicated buttons and dials that provide precise control over the temperature and airflow.
Apart from the steering wheel controls, infotainment system, and climate control, the 2019 Subaru Outback also features a range of other essential buttons and controls. These features include:
- Parking brake: The parking brake is located next to the gear shifter and can be activated by pulling the lever.
- Electronic stability system: The electronic stability system helps to maintain traction and stability while driving on slippery roads or rough terrain.
- Headlights: The headlights can be turned on and off using the dedicated switch on the dash or the steering wheel controls.
- Wipers: The windshield wipers can be operated using the dedicated stalk on the right side of the steering wheel.
- Emergency brake: The emergency brake can be activated by pulling up on the parking brake lever.
Q: Can I adjust the sensitivity of the driver assistance features?
A: Yes, you can adjust the sensitivity of the driver assistance features using the settings menu in the infotainment system.
Q: How do I connect my smartphone to the infotainment system?
A: You can connect your smartphone via Bluetooth or USB. Simply follow the on-screen prompts to pair your device with the car’s system.
Q: What should I do if the parking brake fails to release?
A: If the parking brake fails to release, try pulling up on the lever and pressing down on the brake pedal simultaneously. If this does not work, seek the help of a professional mechanic.
Understanding the buttons and controls on a 2019 Subaru Outback dashboard is essential to optimize your driving experience and stay safe on the road. From the steering wheel controls to the infotainment system and other essential features, the car’s dashboard is designed to provide easy access to a range of settings and features. By following this comprehensive guide, you can become a pro at using your car’s dashboard and unleash the full potential of your 2019 Subaru Outback. Happy driving!