If you’re in the market for a reliable, versatile vehicle that can handle any weather conditions, you might be considering the 2018 Subaru Legacy. But one of the biggest factors that determines whether or not you can afford to purchase a new car is the price.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the cost of the 2018 Subaru Legacy, including its base price, optional features, and other expenses you can expect to encounter. We’ll also explore some of the factors that might affect the cost of your specific vehicle, so you can make an informed decision about whether or not the Legacy is the right car for you.
- The 2018 Subaru Legacy has a base price of $22,195 for the 2.5i model.
- The top-of-the-line 3.6R Limited model starts at $31,945.
- Optional features can significantly increase the cost of your vehicle.
- Other expenses to consider include taxes, fees, and financing.
How Much Does a 2018 Subaru Legacy Cost?
The 2018 Subaru Legacy is a midsize sedan that comes in six different trim levels: the 2.5i, 2.5i Premium, 2.5i Sport, 2.5i Limited, 3.6R Limited, and 3.6R Touring. The base price for the 2.5i model is $22,195, while the top-of-the-line 3.6R Touring model starts at $31,945.
Here’s a breakdown of the starting prices for each trim level:
- 2.5i: $22,195
- 2.5i Premium: $24,295
- 2.5i Sport: $26,345
- 2.5i Limited: $29,095
- 3.6R Limited: $31,945
- 3.6R Touring: $34,995
Keep in mind that these are just the base prices for each trim level. Optional features and upgrades can add significantly to the cost of your vehicle.
Optional Features and Upgrades
One of the benefits of purchasing a new car is that you can customize it to your liking with optional features and upgrades. However, these extras can quickly add up and increase the overall cost of your vehicle.
Here are some of the optional features and upgrades you can choose for the 2018 Subaru Legacy:
- EyeSight Driver Assist Technology: This system includes features like adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, and pre-collision braking. It costs $1,995 on the 2.5i and 2.5i Premium models, and comes standard on the 2.5i Limited, 3.6R Limited, and 3.6R Touring.
- Navigation System: If you want built-in navigation, you can add it to the 2.5i Premium, 2.5i Sport, and 2.5i Limited for $1,000.
- Moonroof: A moonroof is available on the 2.5i Premium, 2.5i Sport, and 2.5i Limited for $1,000.
- Harman Kardon Audio System: This premium sound system costs $1,050 on the 2.5i Limited, 3.6R Limited, and 3.6R Touring.
- Heated and Ventilated Front Seats: These seats are available on the 2.5i Limited, 3.6R Limited, and 3.6R Touring for $1,050.
- Drivetrain Upgrades: You can upgrade from the standard all-wheel drive system to a more advanced system with torque vectoring for $1,300 on the 2.5i Premium, 2.5i Sport, and 2.5i Limited.
These are just a few of the optional features and upgrades available for the 2018 Subaru Legacy. Be sure to check out the Subaru website or speak with a dealer to get a full list of options and prices.
Other Expenses to Consider
In addition to the base price and optional features, there are a few other expenses you’ll need to consider when purchasing a new car. Some of these expenses include:
- Taxes: When you purchase a car, you’ll be required to pay sales tax on the purchase price. The amount of tax you’ll pay depends on where you live and the tax rate in your area.
- Fees: You may also be required to pay fees like registration fees, title fees, and documentation fees. These fees can vary depending on your location and the dealership you purchase from.
- Financing: If you’re planning to finance your vehicle, you’ll need to factor in the cost of interest over the life of your loan. Be sure to shop around for the best interest rates and loan terms.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does a fully-loaded 2018 Subaru Legacy cost?
The cost of a fully-loaded 2018 Subaru Legacy depends on the specific features and upgrades you choose. However, the top-of-the-line 3.6R Touring model starts at $34,995 and includes many of the most popular features and upgrades.
What is the warranty on a 2018 Subaru Legacy?
The 2018 Subaru Legacy comes with a three-year/36,000-mile limited warranty and a five-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty.
Is the 2018 Subaru Legacy a good car?
Yes, the 2018 Subaru Legacy is generally considered a reliable and versatile vehicle. It has several standard safety features, like all-wheel drive and a rearview camera, and optional features like EyeSight Driver Assist Technology can enhance safety even further. It also has a spacious interior and comfortable ride, making it a great choice for families or commuters.