Are you considering buying a Subaru Impreza? It’s a popular and reliable car, but like any car model, there are some years that you should avoid. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the Subaru Impreza, its history, and the years that you should avoid. We’ll also discuss the reasons behind negative reviews and offer solutions or alternatives for interested buyers.
- The Subaru Impreza is a reliable car with a long history of success.
- The best years for the Impreza are 2014-2021.
- The years to avoid are 2008-2011 and 2013.
A Brief History of the Subaru Impreza
The Subaru Impreza was first introduced in 1992, and it quickly gained popularity as a reliable and affordable car. Over the years, it has undergone several changes and upgrades, but it has remained a favorite among car enthusiasts.
The Impreza is available in two body styles: sedan and hatchback. It is also available in several trim levels, including the base model, Premium, Sport, and Limited.
The Best Years for the Subaru Impreza
If you’re looking for a reliable and safe car, you can’t go wrong with the Impreza. The best years for the Impreza are 2014-2021. These years offer excellent fuel economy, advanced safety features, and a comfortable ride.
Some of the standout features of the Impreza include:
- Standard all-wheel drive
- High-quality interior materials
- Excellent fuel economy
- Top safety ratings from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
The Years to Avoid
While the Impreza is a reliable car, there are some years that you should avoid. These years are:
- 2008-2011: These years are known for having engine problems, including excessive oil consumption and blown head gaskets.
- 2013: The 2013 Impreza is known for having transmission problems, including slipping gears and a shuddering sensation when accelerating.
If you’re considering buying an Impreza from these years, it’s important to do your research and have the car thoroughly inspected by a trusted mechanic.
Alternatives to the Subaru Impreza
If you’re not sold on the Impreza or you’re looking for an alternative, there are several cars that you might consider. These include:
- Honda Civic: The Honda Civic is a reliable car that is known for its fuel efficiency and safety features.
- Toyota Corolla: The Toyota Corolla is another reliable car that is known for its excellent fuel economy and advanced safety features.
- Mazda3: The Mazda3 is a stylish and reliable car that is known for its excellent handling and fuel efficiency.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the most reliable year for the Subaru Impreza?
The most reliable years for the Subaru Impreza are 2014-2021.
What are some common problems with the Subaru Impreza?
Common problems with the Subaru Impreza include excessive oil consumption, blown head gaskets, and transmission problems.
Is the Subaru Impreza a good car?
Yes, the Subaru Impreza is a good car. It is reliable, safe, and fuel-efficient.
How long does a Subaru Impreza last?
With proper maintenance, a Subaru Impreza can last up to 200,000 miles or more.
In conclusion, the Subaru Impreza is a reliable and safe car that has undergone several changes and upgrades over the years. While the best years for the Impreza are 2014-2021, there are some years that you should avoid. If you’re considering buying an Impreza from these years, it’s important to do your research and have the car thoroughly inspected by a trusted mechanic. And if you’re not sold on the Impreza, there are several alternatives that you might consider.