- A Subaru Impreza is a compact car that offers features typically found in SUVs.
- While it may have some SUV-like qualities, it is generally considered a hatchback or a sedan.
- The Impreza is a versatile vehicle that can handle various terrains and weather conditions.
- It offers great fuel economy, advanced safety features, and all-wheel drive as standard.
- Whether it is an SUV or not, the Impreza is an excellent choice for those who are looking for a small, reliable, and affordable car.
The Subaru Impreza is a popular car among drivers who value versatility, safety, and reliability. It is known for its exceptional handling, advanced safety features, and standard all-wheel drive. Many people wonder if the Impreza is an SUV or a crossover, given the SUV-like features it offers. In this article, we will explore the question of whether a Subaru Impreza is an SUV and delve deeper into the features and benefits of this vehicle.
What is an SUV?
Before we discuss whether a Subaru Impreza is an SUV, we need to define what an SUV is. SUV stands for Sport Utility Vehicle, and it refers to a vehicle that combines the features of a passenger car with those of a truck. SUVs typically have a higher ground clearance, a more significant cargo capacity, and an all-wheel-drive system. They are designed to handle various terrains and weather conditions, and they often have a box-shaped body style.
Is a Subaru Impreza an SUV?
While the Subaru Impreza may have some SUV-like features, it is not considered an SUV. The Impreza is a compact car that is available as a sedan or a hatchback. It has a lower ground clearance than an SUV, and it is not designed to handle off-road terrains. However, the Impreza does offer many features that are typically found in SUVs, such as all-wheel drive and a spacious cargo area.
The Impreza’s all-wheel-drive system is designed to provide better traction and handling on various road surfaces. It offers a smooth and stable ride, regardless of the driving conditions. Additionally, the Impreza offers a spacious cargo area that can be expanded by folding down the rear seats, which makes it a versatile car that can accommodate various needs.
Impreza Features and Benefits
Engine and Fuel Economy
The Impreza comes with a 2.0L four-cylinder engine that produces 152 horsepower and 145 lb-ft of torque. It is paired with either a five-speed manual or a continuously variable transmission (CVT). The CVT delivers smooth acceleration and improves fuel efficiency. The Impreza has an EPA-estimated fuel economy rating of 28 MPG in the city and 36 MPG on the highway, which is excellent for a car with all-wheel drive.
The Impreza is equipped with an array of advanced safety features, including:
- EyeSight Driver Assist Technology: This system includes adaptive cruise control, pre-collision braking, lane departure warning, and lane keep assist.
- Rearview Camera: The Impreza comes with a standard rearview camera that helps the driver see behind the car while reversing.
- Blind-Spot Detection: This system alerts the driver when there is a vehicle in the blind spot.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert: This feature notifies the driver when a vehicle is approaching from either side while reversing.
- Subaru STARLINK Safety and Security: This system includes automatic collision notification, SOS emergency assistance, and stolen vehicle recovery.
All-wheel drive is standard on all Subaru models, including the Impreza. This feature provides better traction and handling on various terrains, and it improves the car’s stability in inclement weather. The all-wheel-drive system in the Impreza is designed to distribute power to all four wheels, which enhances its performance and makes it a reliable car in all driving conditions.
Interior and Cargo Space
The Impreza has a spacious and comfortable interior that can seat up to five passengers. It offers ample headroom and legroom, and its seats are supportive and cushiony. The Impreza has a cargo volume of 20.8 cubic feet behind the rear seats, which expands to 55.3 cubic feet when the seats are folded down. It also has several storage compartments and cup holders for added convenience.
In conclusion, a Subaru Impreza is not an SUV. It is a compact car that offers features typically found in SUVs, such as all-wheel drive and a spacious cargo area. The Impreza is a versatile vehicle that can handle various terrains and weather conditions, and it offers excellent fuel economy and advanced safety features. While it may not be considered an SUV, the Impreza is an excellent choice for those who are looking for a small, reliable, and affordable car.
What is the difference between an SUV and a crossover?
A crossover is a vehicle that combines the features of a car and an SUV. It typically has a unibody construction, which means that its body and frame are one unit. Crossovers usually have better fuel economy than SUVs, and they are designed to handle on-road conditions. An SUV has a body-on-frame construction, which means that its body and frame are two separate parts. SUVs are designed to handle off-road terrains, and they usually have higher ground clearance than crossovers.
Is all-wheel drive standard on the Impreza?
Yes, all-wheel drive is standard on all Impreza models.
What is EyeSight Driver Assist Technology?
EyeSight Driver Assist Technology is a suite of driver assistance features developed by Subaru. It includes adaptive cruise control, pre-collision braking, lane departure warning, and lane keep assist. EyeSight uses two cameras mounted on the windshield to monitor the road ahead and detect potential hazards.