If you’re a proud owner of a Subaru Forester, you may have noticed that the sun shield can sometimes get in the way of your driving visibility. Thankfully, removing the sun shield is a relatively easy and straightforward process that can be done in a matter of minutes. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of taking out the sun shield in your Subaru Forester, step-by-step.
Identifying the Location of the Sun Shield
Before we get started, it’s essential to know where the sun shield is located in your Subaru Forester. The sun shield is a fabric panel located on the inside of the car’s windshield. It is attached to the roof of the car with two clips at the top and two brackets at the bottom.
Tools Required for the Job
To remove the sun shield in your Subaru Forester, you’ll need a few tools:
- Flathead screwdriver
- Pliers (optional)
The flathead screwdriver will be used to pry the clips and brackets that hold the sun shield in place. Pliers may be required to grip and remove some parts if they are stubborn or difficult to remove.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Removing the Sun Shield
Now that you have the tools, let’s start removing the sun shield in your Subaru Forester:
- Gently pull down the sun visors to the lowest position.
- Use the flathead screwdriver to pry the two clips on the top of the sun shield. Insert the screwdriver between the sun shield and the roof and gently twist it to release the clips.
- Once the clips are removed, put the screwdriver aside and grab the sun shield.
- Push the sun shield towards the windshield and lower it.
- Use the flathead screwdriver to pry the two brackets on the bottom of the sun shield. Insert the screwdriver between the sun shield and the bracket and gently twist it to release the hooks.
- Once the brackets are removed, the sun shield should come off easily.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully removed the sun shield in your Subaru Forester.
Potential Issues or Challenges
While it’s a relatively simple process, there are a few potential challenges that you may encounter when removing the sun shield in your Subaru Forester. Some of these challenges include:
- The clips or brackets may be rusted or corroded, making them difficult to pry open.
- The sun shield may be stiff and difficult to remove because it has been in place for a long time.
To overcome these challenges, you can try gently wiggling the parts back and forth to loosen them up. If they’re still stubborn, you may need to use pliers to grip and remove them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I remove the sun shield without damaging it?
Yes, you can remove the sun shield without damaging it as long as you follow the step-by-step instructions provided in this article. Be gentle when prying open the clips and brackets and remember to push the sun shield towards the windshield before removing it.
Do I need to remove the sun shield to clean it?
No, you don’t need to remove the sun shield to clean it. You can clean it in place using a damp cloth or sponge and mild soap. Just make sure that you don’t use any abrasive cleaners or sharp objects that can damage the fabric.
How often should I remove the sun shield?
You should remove the sun shield in your Subaru Forester only when necessary, for instance when it obstructs your visibility while you’re driving. There’s no need to remove it regularly unless you want to clean it or store it for an extended period.
Removing the sun shield in your Subaru Forester is a quick and easy job that can be done in a matter of minutes. With the right tools and step-by-step instructions, you can remove it without damaging it or encountering any significant challenges. With this guide, we hope you now feel confident in taking on this DIY car maintenance task.