If you own a Subaru Forester, you may want to take advantage of the car’s built-in Bluetooth technology to connect your phone to the car’s audio system. Doing so offers a hands-free calling and audio streaming experience while driving, making your journey safer and more enjoyable. However, connecting a phone to the car’s Bluetooth system may seem like a daunting task, especially if you lack technical knowledge. In this ultimate guide, we will show you how to connect your phone to your Subaru Forester’s Bluetooth quickly and easily.
Step-by-Step Guide to Connecting your Phone to Your Subaru Forester’s Bluetooth
Before starting the process, ensure that your phone’s Bluetooth is turned on and that it is discoverable. Follow the steps below to connect your phone to your Subaru Forester’s Bluetooth.
Step One: Pair Your Phone
- Activate the audio system of your Forester by turning your car’s ignition to the ACC position, but do not start the engine.
- Find the "HOME" button on the audio system and press it.
- Select the "SETTINGS" icon on the home screen.
- Select "PHONE" from the list of settings.
- Select "ADD" from the phone setting list.
- You will see the message "SEARCHING" on your audio system screen.
- On your phone’s Bluetooth settings, you should see an available device named "Subaru BT." Select this device to pair it with your car’s audio system.
- Confirm the pairing code displayed on both your phone and the car’s audio system.
- Once pairing is successful, you will see a message "Registered" on the audio system screen.
Step Two: Test the Connection
After pairing your phone with your Subaru Forester’s Bluetooth system, it’s time to test the connection to ensure that everything is working correctly.
- From "SETUP" menu in the car’s audio system, select "PHONE."
- Select the "TEST PHONE" option.
- Make a test call to see if you can make and receive calls through your car’s audio system.
- If the call is successful, the connection is working fine.
Sometimes it can be challenging to connect your phone to your Subaru Forester’s Bluetooth system. Here are some troubleshooting tips to help you with common issues.
- If you’re having trouble connecting to your car’s Bluetooth system, ensure that your phone’s Bluetooth is turned on and is discoverable.
- Make sure you’ve deleted any old pairings from the Bluetooth settings of the audio system.
- Check if your phone is compatible with the car’s audio system. Subaru Forester is compatible with most phones that have Bluetooth capability, but it’s worth double-checking the list of compatible phones on Subaru’s website.
- If you’re still experiencing connection issues, try restarting your phone or turning off the audio system and restarting it.
Additional Features Enabled by Bluetooth Connectivity
Once your phone is connected to your Subaru Forester’s Bluetooth system, you can start to take advantage of the many features that are available, such as:
- Hands-free calling: You can make and receive calls through the car’s audio system by using voice commands.
- Audio streaming: You can stream music from your phone over the car’s audio system via Bluetooth.
- Multiple devices: You can pair multiple phones and Bluetooth-enabled devices to your car’s audio system.
Adding your phone to your Subaru Forester’s Bluetooth system is a simple process that opens up a wide range of hands-free calling and audio streaming features. Follow the step-by-step guide we’ve provided, and you’ll be up and running in no time. If you face any issues while connecting your phone, use the troubleshooting tips we’ve mentioned. Now, connect your phone and enjoy your Subaru Forester’s Bluetooth-powered features to take you to the next level.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What phones are compatible with Subaru Forester’s Bluetooth system?
A: Subaru Forester’s audio system is compatible with most phones that have Bluetooth capability. However, it’s always better to double-check the list of compatible phones available on Subaru’s website.
Q: How many phones can be paired with a Subaru Forester’s Bluetooth system?
A: You can pair multiple phones and Bluetooth-enabled devices with your car’s audio system.
Q: How do I delete old pairings from my Subaru Forester’s audio system?
A: Simply navigate to the Bluetooth settings and select "Delete Device" or "Unpair" to remove any old pairings.