Taking care of your car is crucial to keep your vehicle functioning correctly and to ensure that it lasts long on the roads. One of the essential maintenance routines for your Subaru Forester 2015 car is changing and maintaining the proper oil level in your car’s engine. Engine oil lubricates the moving parts of your car’s engine and removes the dirt and debris out of the engine. It keeps the engine’s temperature in check, thus allowing your car to run smoothly without overheating.
However, many Subaru Forester 2015 drivers may be uncertain about how much oil their car requires. This knowledge is essential to maintain your vehicle and prolong its life. In this article, we will cover the necessary information to help you understand how many quarts of oil your car requires.
How Many Quarts of Oil Does Your Car Need?
The Subaru Forester 2015 requires 5.1 quarts of oil. It is essential to use the correct amount of engine oil, as too little or too much oil can cause severe damage to your car’s engine.
What Type of Oil Should You Use?
Your car’s engine requires specific oil blends, and it is essential to use the correct type of oil. You can check the vehicle owner’s manual or consult a Subaru Forester 2015 mechanic to determine the correct oil requirements.
Generally, two types of oils are suitable for the Subaru Forester 2015: synthetic oil and conventional oil. Synthetic oil offers better performance and lasts longer than conventional oil. However, synthetic oil is more expensive than conventional oil.
The Consequences of Not Maintaining Your Car’s Oil Level
Failing to maintain the oil level in your car can cause severe engine damage, including a blown engine. Without engine lubrication, parts of the engine rub against one another, causing friction and heat, which can result in disastrous engine failure. In addition, if your car’s oil is dirty or contaminated, it can cause problems such as engine stalling, loss of power, and excessive oil consumption.
Steps to Change Oil in a Subaru Forester 2015
Changing the oil in your Subaru Forester 2015 may seem like a daunting task, but with the right tools and knowledge, you can change the oil yourself. Here are the steps to follow:
- Warm up the engine for about ten minutes. Warm oil flows easily, making it easier to drain the oil.
- Turn off the engine and locate the oil filter and the oil pan under your car.
- Place an oil pan under the oil pan to collect the old oil.
- Remove the oil dipstick and unscrew the oil cap to allow air to flow into the engine.
- Locate the oil filter and use an oil filter wrench to remove the old filter.
- Clean the gasket and replace the oil filter.
- Locate the oil pan drain plug and use a wrench to remove it to drain the old oil.
- Once the oil flow stops, replace the drain plug and tighten it.
- Add the new oil to your engine, using a funnel to avoid spillage.
- Replace the oil cap and filter cap, and ensure that they are tightly screwed in place.
- Check the oil level using the dipstick, and add more oil if needed.
- Start the engine and let it run for a few minutes to allow the oil to circulate the engine.
- Turn off the engine and check the oil level again to ensure that it is at the required level.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How often should I change the oil in my Subaru Forester 2015?
A. It is recommended to change the oil in your car every 7,500 miles or every six months, whichever comes first. However, it is advisable to check your car owner’s manual and follow the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Q. Can I use any type of oil in my Subaru Forester 2015?
A. No, it is essential to use the correct oil blend specified by the manufacturer. Use of the wrong oil type can result in engine damage and void your car’s warranty.
Q. Is it possible to switch from conventional oil to synthetic oil?
A. Yes, you can switch from conventional oil to synthetic oil. However, it is vital to consult with a professional mechanic to ensure that synthetic oil is suitable for your car and follow the manufacturer’s recommendations.
In conclusion, maintaining the proper oil level in your Subaru Forester 2015 is crucial for your car’s engine’s proper functioning and longevity. It is essential to use the right quantity and type of oil and change it routinely. With our detailed guide, you can now change your car’s oil yourself, helping you save money and ensure your car’s optimal performance. Remember, if you are unsure or uncomfortable about changing your car’s oil, it is always best to consult a professional mechanic.