If you’re planning a camping trip in your Subaru Forester, you’ll want to make sure you’re able to get a good night’s sleep. Unfortunately, the back of the Forester isn’t always level, which can make sleeping difficult. Luckily, there are several different methods you can use to level the back of your Forester and get a good night’s sleep.
Key Takeaways 🚀
- A level sleeping surface is critical for a good night’s sleep in a Subaru Forester.
- There are several methods to level the back of your Forester, including lifters, air suspensions, and floor mats.
- Each method has its own benefits and limitations, so it’s important to choose the best one for your needs.
Using Lifters to Level the Back of Your Forester
One of the most common methods for leveling the back of a Subaru Forester is to use lifters. Lifters are essentially small blocks that sit underneath the wheels and raise the back of the car slightly.
To use lifters, follow these steps:
- Park your Subaru Forester on a flat surface and engage the parking brake.
- Place the lifters underneath the rear wheels of your Forester.
- Slowly back your Forester onto the lifters, making sure they’re securely in place.
- Once your Forester is resting on the lifters, check to make sure the car is level.
Lifters are a simple and relatively inexpensive way to level the back of your Forester. However, they can be bulky and take up space in your car when you’re not using them.
Using Air Suspensions to Level the Back of Your Forester
Another option for leveling the back of your Forester is to install air suspensions. Air suspensions use compressed air to adjust the ride height of your car, allowing you to raise or lower the back of your Forester as needed.
To install air suspensions, you’ll need to:
- Purchase and install an air suspension kit specifically designed for your Subaru Forester.
- Connect the air suspension system to your Forester’s electrical system and air compressor.
- Adjust the air pressure in the suspension system to raise or lower the back of your Forester as needed.
Air suspensions are more expensive than lifters, but they offer more customization options and can be more convenient to use. However, they do require some installation and maintenance work.
Using Floor Mats to Level the Back of Your Forester
If you don’t want to invest in lifters or air suspensions, there’s a simple trick you can use to level the back of your Forester using just floor mats.
To use this method, follow these steps:
- Fold a floor mat in half and place it underneath the rear wheels on the lower side of your Forester.
- Slowly back your Forester onto the floor mat, making sure it’s securely in place.
- Check to make sure your Forester is level.
Floor mats are a cheap and easy way to level the back of your Forester, but they may not be as effective as lifters or air suspensions. Additionally, they can take up valuable cargo space in your Forester when you’re not using them.
Frequently Asked Questions 🤔
Will leveling the back of my Forester damage my car?
Using lifters or air suspensions to level the back of your Forester shouldn’t cause any damage to your car, as long as they’re installed and used correctly. However, it’s always a good idea to consult with a professional before making any modifications to your car.
How do I know which method is best for me?
The method you choose will depend on your individual needs and preferences. Lifters are a good option if you’re looking for a simple and inexpensive solution, while air suspensions are better if you want more customization options and don’t mind the extra installation and maintenance work. Floor mats are a good option if you don’t want to invest in lifters or air suspensions, but they may not be as effective.
Can I still use my cargo area with lifters or air suspensions installed?
Yes, you can still use your cargo area with lifters or air suspensions installed, although you may have less space than you would without them.
Do I need any special tools to install lifters or air suspensions?
Installing lifters or air suspensions may require some special tools, so it’s a good idea to consult with a professional or refer to the manufacturer’s instructions before attempting installation.
Can I remove lifters or air suspensions when I’m not using them?
Yes, you can remove lifters or air suspensions when you’re not using them. This can help free up space in your Forester’s cargo area.
Getting a good night’s sleep in your Subaru Forester is important, and leveling the back of your car can help make that possible. Whether you choose to use lifters, air suspensions, or floor mats, there are several different methods you can use to level the back of your Forester and get a good night’s sleep. By choosing the method that works best for your needs, you’ll be able to enjoy a comfortable night’s sleep and wake up feeling refreshed and ready for your next adventure.