Are you a Subaru Forester owner who wants to add more radio channels to your car? Do you want to enhance your driving experience with increased music variety and access to exclusive content? If so, you’re in the right place. In this guide, we’ll cover the different ways to add radio channels to your 2018 Subaru Forester, so you can customize your car and enjoy your favorite tunes while on the road.
Methods for Adding Radio Channels
There are two main methods for adding radio channels to your 2018 Subaru Forester: using an FM transmitter or installing satellite radio. Here’s an overview of each method:
Using an FM Transmitter
An FM transmitter allows you to play music from your phone or other device through your car’s radio. Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- An FM transmitter (available online or at electronics stores)
- A smartphone or other device with a headphone jack or Bluetooth connectivity
- A 12-volt power source (such as your car’s cigarette lighter)
Here are the steps to follow:
- Plug the FM transmitter into your device’s headphone jack or connect via Bluetooth if available.
- Tune your car’s radio to an FM frequency that is not in use (you can check this using an app like FMFREQ).
- Set your FM transmitter to the same frequency as the car radio.
- Start playing music on your device, and you should hear it through your car’s speakers.
Installing Satellite Radio
Satellite radio provides access to exclusive content and a wider variety of music channels than regular FM/AM radio. To install satellite radio in your 2018 Subaru Forester, you’ll need the following equipment:
- A satellite radio receiver (available from companies like SiriusXM)
- An antenna
- A mounting kit
- Basic hand tools (screwdriver, pliers, wire stripper, etc.)
Here are the steps to follow:
- Choose a location for the satellite radio receiver and mount it using the mounting kit.
- Connect the antenna to the receiver and mount it on the exterior of your car.
- Run the wiring from the antenna and receiver to the car’s radio and power source (such as the cigarette lighter).
- Use connectors to splice the wiring from the receiver into the car’s audio system.
- Turn on the satellite radio receiver and follow the on-screen prompts to activate the service.
Benefits of Adding Radio Channels
Adding more radio channels to your 2018 Subaru Forester can enhance your driving experience in several ways. Here are a few benefits to consider:
- Increased music variety: With more channels available, you’ll have access to a wider range of music genres and artists.
- Exclusive content: Some satellite radio providers offer exclusive content that is not available on regular FM/AM stations.
- Clearer sound quality: Satellite radio has higher sound quality than regular FM/AM radio, so your music will sound better.
- No commercials: Depending on the provider and package you choose, you may be able to enjoy commercial-free music.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use an FM transmitter with any smartphone?
A: Yes, as long as your phone has a headphone jack or Bluetooth connectivity.
Q: How much does it cost to install satellite radio in my Subaru Forester?
A: The cost will depend on the equipment you choose and the provider you use, but expect to pay several hundred dollars for equipment and installation.
Q: Will adding satellite radio drain my car battery?
A: No, the satellite radio receiver draws very little power and should not affect your car battery.
Adding radio channels to your 2018 Subaru Forester is a great way to customize your car and enhance your driving experience. Whether you choose to use an FM transmitter or install satellite radio, following the steps outlined in this guide will help you get the most out of your car’s audio system. So go ahead and start exploring all the music channels out there – happy listening!