Are you a proud owner of a Subaru Forester 2015 model and noticing that your rear windshield wiper is not functioning well? Replacing a windshield wiper may seem daunting, but it’s actually quite an easy and simple DIY task. With the right tools and a bit of patience, you can replace your Subaru Forester’s rear windshield wiper in no time.
In this step-by-step guide, we’ll show you how to replace your rear windshield wiper using easy-to-follow instructions. Let’s get started.
- New rear windshield wiper blade
- Wrench or socket and ratchet set
- Cloth or towel for cleaning
Before we begin the replacement process, it’s essential to check the size and type of wiper blade you’ll need for your Subaru Forester. Check your vehicle’s owner’s manual or ask at your local auto shop to ensure that you purchase the right size and type of wiper blade.
It’s also crucial to park your vehicle in a safe and level area, preferably in a garage or a closed area, to protect it from direct sunlight or rain. Turn off the ignition to avoid any risk of injury.
Removal of the old wiper
- Lift the rear windshield wiper arm away from the windshield until it holds itself up in a vertical or perpendicular position.
- Locate the release tab or button on the wiper blade.
- Press the release tab or button to release the wiper blade from the wiper arm gently.
- Gently pull the wiper blade towards the middle of the wiper arm, and then remove it completely.
Installation of the new wiper
- Take the new rear windshield wiper blade and match it with the same size and type as your old wiper blade.
- Insert the new blade onto the wiper arm until you hear it click into place. Make sure you align it correctly.
- Lower the wiper arm back against the windshield. Double-check that the wiper blade is secure, and there are no gaps between the blade and the windshield.
Testing and fine-tuning the new wiper
- Turn on your Subaru Forester’s ignition and activate the wipers. Check if the new wiper blade is working correctly and smoothly without any streaks.
- If you notice any issues, such as vibration, noise, or streaking, adjust the wiper blade’s position and tension using a wrench or socket and ratchet set.
- Repeat the testing process until your new wiper blade is working correctly.
That’s it! By following these easy-to-follow steps, you can replace the rear windshield wiper of your Subaru Forester 2015 model in no time. Remember to handle the wiper blade carefully and always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
How often should I replace my Subaru Forester’s rear windshield wiper blade?
Subaru Forester’s rear windshield wiper blade typically lasts for about six months to one year, depending on usage, environment, and weather conditions. It’s recommended to replace the wiper blade every six months to ensure a clear view and avoid any damage to the glass.
Can I replace my Subaru Forester’s windshield wiper blade myself?
Yes, you can. Replacing a windshield wiper blade is a simple and easy DIY task that requires only a few tools and a bit of patience.
What happens if I don’t replace my Subaru Forester’s rear windshield wiper blade?
A damaged or worn-out rear windshield wiper blade can cause visibility issues, making it difficult to see through the glass while driving in the rain or snow, which can increase the risk of accidents. It’s crucial to replace your wiper blade to avoid any such risks.