If you own a 2012 Subaru Forester, it’s important to maintain your vehicle’s wipers to ensure clear visibility while driving. Choosing the right wiper blade size is crucial to maintain the best performance and safety for you and your passengers. In this guide, we’ll explain everything you need to know about windshield wiper sizes, different types of wiper blades, top brands, how to install, and tips for maintenance.
Why It’s Important to Choose the Right Wiper Blade Size
Windshield wiper blades come in different sizes. It’s essential to choose the size that fits your 2012 Subaru Forester to obtain optimal wiping performance and clear visibility while driving. Failing to install the right size could result in improper fit and low efficiency of wipers, which could lead to poor visibility, streaks, or accidents in severe weather conditions.
How to Determine the Correct Size for Your 2012 Subaru Forester
To determine the correct size for your 2012 Subaru Forester, you should measure the length and width of your current wiper blades. For example, if you’re replacing your driver-side wiper blade, measure the length of the blade from end to end in inches. If you’re replacing the passenger-side blade, measure the same way. Some 2012 Subaru Foresters require different sizes for each blade, so be sure to measure each separately.
If you don’t have the current wiper blade, you should check the car owner’s manual or contact the dealership to obtain the correct size information.
Different Types of Wiper Blades
The two main categories of wiper blade are traditional and beam. The traditional wiper blades have a metal frame, rubber blades, and moving parts. They’re cheaper than beam blades but tend to be less effective and noisier. Beam wiper blades are frameless with a curved design, and they’re more efficient and quiet than traditional ones. They’re also more expensive than traditional blades, but they perform better, especially during heavy rainfall or snow.
The Best Brands to Purchase
Several top brands manufacture high-performing wiper blades. Some of the best brands to purchase for your 2012 Subaru Forester include:
- Bosch Icon Wiper Blades: They’re well-known for their durability, efficiency, and all-weather performance. They’re also frameless and don’t make any noise.
- Rain-X Latitude Water Repellency 2-in-1: They offer great visibility for all weather conditions and have water-repelling technology.
- Michelin Stealth Hybrid Wiper Blades: They’re high-performing, long-lasting, and quiet. They also have a sleek design that matches most car models.
How to Install Wiper Blades
Installing wiper blades is a simple process that you can do at home. To do this, follow these steps:
- Lift the wiper arm away from the windshield.
- Pull the tab or clip and slide the old wiper blade off the arm.
- Align the new wiper blade with the arm’s hook and lock it into place.
- Gently lower the wiper arm to the windshield.
- Repeat the above steps for the other wiper blade.
It’s important to make sure that the blades are securely attached and flush with the windshield to prevent accidents.
Tips for Maintaining Wipers
To prolong the lifespan of your wiper blades, you should consider the following tips:
- Clean the blades regularly with a soft cloth or sponge to remove dust, dirt, and debris.
- Avoid using wipers on dry or frozen windows, as this could damage the blade.
- Replace wiper blades every six months to one year, or when they start to wear down.
Q: Can I install different-sized wiper blades on my 2012 Subaru Forester?
A: No, using different-sized wiper blades could be unsafe and cause streaks or damage.
Q: Can I use any brand of wiper blades on my 2012 Subaru Forester?
A: It’s best to use brands that manufacture wiper blades that fit the size of your car.
In conclusion, maintaining your 2012 Subaru Forester wiper blades is essential for clear visibility and safe driving. Choose the right size, check the different types of wiper blades, purchase from top brands, and follow the installation and maintenance tips to ensure your wipers perform efficiently.