If you’re looking to clean your Subaru Crosstrek’s seats, the first step is to remove the seat covers. Whether you’re dealing with a spill, stain, or just general wear and tear, removing the seat covers will give you better access to clean your seats thoroughly. If you’re wondering how to take a Subaru Crosstrek seat cover off, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll walk you through the step-by-step process to remove your seat covers easily and quickly.
- Removing seat covers from a Subaru Crosstrek is a simple process that can be done in a few easy steps.
- You’ll need to remove the headrests before you can take the seat covers off completely.
- Take care when removing the clips that hold the seat cover in place, as they can be fragile.
Step-by-Step Guide to Removing Your Subaru Crosstrek Seat Covers
Before we start, make sure you have the following tools handy:
- Flathead screwdriver
- Pliers (optional)
Now let’s get started!
Step 1: Remove the Headrests
The first thing you’ll need to do is remove the headrests. To do this, follow these steps:
- Adjust the headrest so it’s at its highest position.
- Look at the base of the headrest and locate the release button.
- Press the release button and lift the headrest out of the seat.
Step 2: Remove the Clips
Next, you’ll need to remove the clips that hold the seat cover in place. There are two different types of clips you may encounter:
- Plastic Clips: If your seat cover is held in place with plastic clips, use a flathead screwdriver to gently pry the clip away from the seat. Be careful not to damage the clip or the seat cover.
- Metal Clips: If your seat cover is held in place with metal clips, use pliers to gently remove the clip from the seat.
Repeat this process for all of the clips holding the seat cover in place.
Step 3: Remove the Seat Cover
Now that you’ve removed all of the clips, you can remove the seat cover. Before you do this, take note of any wires or cables that may be attached to the seat cover. These wires or cables will need to be disconnected before you can remove the seat cover completely.
To remove the seat cover, follow these steps:
- Locate the Velcro strips that attach the seat cover to the seat.
- Gently pull the Velcro strips apart to release the seat cover from the seat.
- Lift the seat cover up and away from the seat.
Congratulations, you’ve successfully removed your Subaru Crosstrek seat cover!
How do I clean my Subaru Crosstrek seat covers?
Once you’ve removed your seat covers, you can clean them using a mild detergent and warm water. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning the seat covers.
Can I put my Subaru Crosstrek seat covers in the washing machine?
No, you should not put your Subaru Crosstrek seat covers in the washing machine. Instead, you should clean them by hand using a mild detergent and warm water.
How do I reinstall my Subaru Crosstrek seat covers?
To reinstall your Subaru Crosstrek seat covers, simply follow the steps above in reverse order. Start by positioning the seat cover over the seat, then connect any wires or cables that were disconnected. Next, align the Velcro strips and press the seat cover into place. Finally, reattach the clips to hold the seat cover in place.
Removing the seat covers from your Subaru Crosstrek is a simple process that can be done in just a few easy steps. By following the steps outlined in this article, you’ll be able to remove your seat covers quickly and easily, giving you better access to clean your seats thoroughly. Just remember to take care when removing the clips that hold the seat cover in place, as they can be fragile.