If you own a 2019 Subaru Crosstrek, you may have experienced issues with your key fob battery running out of juice. This can be frustrating, especially if you’re in a rush and need to get into your car quickly. Fortunately, replacing the battery in your 2019 Subaru Crosstrek Key Fob is a quick and easy process that you can do yourself with just a few simple steps.
Here’s what you need to do to replace the battery in your 2019 Subaru Crosstrek Key Fob:
Step 1 – Get a replacement battery. The 2019 Subaru Crosstrek Key Fob uses a CR2032 battery, which is readily available at most electronic stores.
Step 2 – Locate the grooves on the side of your key fob.
Step 3 – Insert a small flathead screwdriver or coin into the grooves and gently pry open the key fob. Be careful not to damage the fob or scratch the plastic surface while you’re doing this.
Step 4 – Remove the old battery from the fob and insert the new one. Make sure the battery is facing the correct way, with the positive side facing up.
Step 5 – Snap the fob back together.
That’s it! Your key fob battery is now replaced, and you should have no trouble unlocking or starting your car.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
If you’re still having issues with your key fob, there are a few common problems that could be causing the issue:
- The battery was not inserted correctly. Make sure the battery is facing the correct way and is seated securely in the fob.
- The fob needs to be reprogrammed. If the battery replacement doesn’t solve the issue, the fob may need to be reprogrammed. Contact your local Subaru dealership to get this done.
- The battery is dead. It’s possible that the replacement battery you used was already dead. Try replacing the battery again with a fresh one.
Tips for Extending Key Fob Battery Life
Here are a few tips to help you extend the life of your key fob battery:
- Keep the key fob away from metal objects. Metal can interfere with the signal sent by the fob to your car, which can drain the battery faster.
- Use the key fob sparingly. Every time you use the fob, you’re using up some of its battery life. Try to use the key fob only when necessary.
- Store the key fob in a cool, dry place. Extreme temperatures can cause the battery to drain faster.
Replacing the battery in your 2019 Subaru Crosstrek key fob is a simple process that can save you time and money. By following these easy steps, you can ensure that your key fob is working properly and extend its overall lifespan.
Q: What type of battery does a 2019 Subaru Crosstrek Key Fob use?
A: The 2019 Subaru Crosstrek Key Fob uses a CR2032 battery, which is easily available at most electronic stores.
Q: Is it safe to use a screwdriver to open the key fob?
A: Yes, it’s safe as long as you’re careful and gentle. Don’t force the fob open, and be careful not to scratch the plastic surface or damage the fob itself.
Q: Can I replace the battery in my key fob myself?
A: Yes, you can easily replace the battery yourself with just a few simple tools.
Q: What should I do if replacing the battery doesn’t solve the issue?
A: If replacing the battery doesn’t solve the issue, there may be a problem with the fob itself. Contact your local Subaru dealership for assistance.
Q: How long does a key fob battery last?
A: The lifespan of a key fob battery can vary depending on usage and environmental factors. On average, a key fob battery can last between two to five years.
Replacing the battery in your 2019 Subaru Crosstrek Key Fob is a simple process that you can easily do yourself. By following these easy steps, you can ensure that your key fob is working properly and extend its overall lifespan. Remember to be careful and use the right tools when replacing the battery, and contact your local Subaru dealership if you’re still having issues with your key fob.