Are you having trouble replacing the license plate bulbs on your 2013 Subaru Crosstrek? If so, you’re in the right place! In this article, we will guide you through the steps to replace your license plate bulbs so you can have a safer and more visible drive.
- Replacing your license plate bulbs is important for safety reasons.
- The process involves removing the license plate and the housing unit to access the bulbs.
- You will need a Phillips head screwdriver and replacement bulbs to complete the task.
- It is important to follow the steps carefully and take your time to avoid damaging the housing unit or the bulbs.
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Replacement bulbs (size 168 or 194)
- Cloth or gloves to avoid oil on your fingers
Here are the steps to replace your 2013 Subaru Crosstrek license plate bulbs:
- Start by removing the license plate from the rear of your vehicle. Use a Phillips head screwdriver to remove the screws that hold the license plate in place.
🔧 Pro Tip: Place the screws in a safe place where you won’t lose them.
- Once the license plate is removed, you will be able to access the license plate bulb housing unit. Use a Phillips head screwdriver to remove the screws that hold the housing unit in place.
🔧 Pro Tip: Use a cloth or gloves to avoid getting oil from your fingers on the new bulbs. Oil from your fingers can damage the bulbs and cause them to burn out sooner.
Carefully remove the housing unit from the vehicle. You may need to gently pry it loose with a flathead screwdriver. Be careful not to damage the housing unit or the surrounding area.
Once the housing unit is removed, you will have access to the license plate bulbs. Gently twist and pull the old bulbs to remove them from the housing unit.
🔧 Pro Tip: If the bulbs are difficult to remove, try using a pair of pliers or needle-nose pliers to grip them securely and twist them gently.
- Replace the old bulbs with the new ones. Be sure to insert the new bulbs straight into the housing unit and gently twist them into place.
🔧 Pro Tip: Use a cloth or gloves when handling the new bulbs to avoid getting oil from your fingers on them.
Once you have replaced the bulbs, carefully place the housing unit back into the vehicle and use the Phillips head screwdriver to reattach the screws that hold it in place.
Finally, reattach the license plate to the rear of your vehicle using the Phillips head screwdriver and the screws that you removed in Step 1.
🔧 Pro Tip: Test the new bulbs by turning on your vehicle’s headlights and checking that they illuminate properly.
Congratulations, you have successfully replaced the license plate bulbs on your 2013 Subaru Crosstrek!
Q: What type of replacement bulbs should I use?
A: The 2013 Subaru Crosstrek uses either a size 168 or 194 bulb. Be sure to check your owner’s manual or consult with a professional to determine which size bulbs you need for your specific vehicle.
Q: Can I replace the bulbs without removing the housing unit?
A: It is possible to replace the bulbs without removing the housing unit, but it can be difficult and may result in damage to the housing unit or the bulbs. We recommend following the steps outlined in this article to ensure a safe and successful replacement.
Q: Why is it important to replace my license plate bulbs?
A: License plate bulbs are important for safety reasons as they help to make your vehicle more visible to other drivers on the road. Additionally, driving with a burned-out license plate bulb could result in a ticket or citation from law enforcement.
We hope that this guide has been helpful in guiding you through the process of replacing the license plate bulbs on your 2013 Subaru Crosstrek. Remember to take your time and follow the steps carefully to avoid damaging the housing unit or the bulbs. Happy driving!