Subaru Crosstrek is known for its exceptional safety features that help drivers navigate the road with ease. One such feature is lane assist, which uses sensors to detect lane markings and can alert the driver if they start to drift out of their lane. As a Crosstrek owner, it’s essential to know how to utilize this technology to ensure safe and comfortable driving. In this article, we’ll guide you on how to turn on lane assist on your Subaru Crosstrek in just a few easy steps.
Benefits of Using Lane Assist on Your Subaru Crosstrek
Lane assist is a feature that is designed to enhance driver experience and safety. It keeps the car centered within a lane while driving, preventing unexpected accidents due to lane drifting. The technology can also reduce the driver’s stress, allowing them to focus better on the road and prevent dangerous driving.
Activating Lane Assist in Your Subaru Crosstrek
Follow these easy steps to activate lane assist on your Subaru Crosstrek:
Turn on your car and wait for a few seconds for the car tech to boot up.
Press the "Settings" button located on your steering wheel.
Using your navigation buttons, navigate to the "EyeSight" menu and press "Enter."
Scroll down and locate the "Lane Departure Prevention" option, then press "Enter."
Turn on "Lane Departure Prevention" by selecting "On."
Select whether you want the system to provide warnings, steering assist, or both.
Once the feature is enabled, it is indicated by a green icon on the display.
Tips for Using Lane Assist Effectively
While the lane assist feature provides drivers with valuable support on the roads, it’s essential to keep in mind that this technology is not a substitute for human oversight. Consider these tips to make the most of your lane assist feature:
- Ensure your windshield cameras and sensors are clean for optimal performance.
- Keep your hands on the wheel while the system is functioning and remain aware of your surroundings.
- Disable the feature when driving in extreme weather conditions, as sensors may not work as usual.
- If the car detects your hands are off the wheel, it will warn you to put your hands back on it. Failure to comply will result in the system switching off.
Troubleshooting Lane Assist on Your Subaru Crosstrek
While the lane assist technology is reliable, some issues may arise while using it. Here are a few common challenges Crosstrek owners face and their solutions:
- The lane assist system fails to work: Check to ensure the windshield cameras and sensors are clean. If that doesn’t work, turn off the feature, restart the car, and try enabling it again.
- False alarms: In some cases, your Subaru Crosstrek may detect a lane departure even though you didn’t drift out of the markings. While this can be unsettling, it’s common and should correct itself quickly.
The Subaru Crosstrek’s lane assist technology is a nifty feature that enhances driving comfort and safety. As intricate as it may seem, it’s easy to activate and utilize. The feature also requires the driver’s concentration to work, and using it effectively will reduce accidents caused by lane drifting, and improve overall driving experience. With this guide, activating and using the lane assist feature becomes easier for every Subaru Crosstrek owner.