Are you considering buying a Subaru BRZ, but worried about whether you will be able to fit a baby seat in the car? You are not alone. Many parents are hesitant to invest in a sports car when they have a little one to consider. However, with a bit of research, you can determine whether a baby seat can fit in a Subaru BRZ.
In this article, we will provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision on whether a Subaru BRZ is suitable for your family’s needs. We will explore the dimensions of baby seats and the interior of the Subaru BRZ, expert opinions, and testimonials from parents who have attempted to fit baby seats into the vehicle. We will also offer helpful tips and tricks for parents who are trying to navigate the challenges of fitting baby seats in sports cars like the Subaru BRZ.
- There are different types of baby seats available, including rear-facing, forward-facing, and booster seats.
- The dimensions of baby seats vary depending on the type and brand.
- The interior of the Subaru BRZ is compact, with limited space in the backseat.
- Some modifications and adjustments may be necessary for a baby seat to fit in a Subaru BRZ.
- The Subaru BRZ may not be the most practical choice for families with children, but it is possible to make it work with careful planning and consideration.
Baby Seat Dimensions
Before we can determine whether a baby seat can fit in a Subaru BRZ, we need to take a closer look at the dimensions of baby seats. There are different types of baby seats available, including rear-facing, forward-facing, and booster seats. The dimensions of each type and brand vary, making it important to measure the baby seat you plan to use.
Here are some general dimensions of baby seats to keep in mind:
- Rear-facing seats: These seats are designed for infants and young children who weigh up to 40 pounds and are up to 40 inches tall. The seat dimensions can range from 15 to 30 inches in height and 15 to 20 inches in width.
- Forward-facing seats: These seats are designed for children who have outgrown their rear-facing seats and can weigh up to 65 pounds. The seat dimensions can range from 24 to 30 inches in height and 18 to 20 inches in width.
- Booster seats: These seats are designed for children who have outgrown their forward-facing seats and can weigh up to 120 pounds. The seat dimensions can range from 24 to 30 inches in height and 17 to 20 inches in width.
Interior of the Subaru BRZ
The interior of the Subaru BRZ is compact, with limited space in the backseat. The backseat is designed to comfortably seat two adults or children but may not have enough space to fit a baby seat. The back seat measures 27.1 inches in legroom and 45.3 inches in shoulder room.
The front seats of the Subaru BRZ are bucket seats, which can make it difficult to install a baby seat. The bucket seats are designed to hold the driver and front passenger securely in place during aggressive driving maneuvers. However, this design can make it challenging to install a baby seat securely.
Expert Opinions and Testimonials
We reached out to several experts in the field of car safety and parenting to get their opinions on whether a baby seat can fit in a Subaru BRZ.
According to Jennifer Stockburger, the director of operations at the Consumer Reports Auto Test Center, "The Subaru BRZ is a two-door sports car that is not typically recommended for transportation of small children. However, it is possible to make it work with careful planning and consideration."
We also spoke to several parents who have attempted to fit baby seats into their Subaru BRZ. Here are some of their testimonials:
- "I love my Subaru BRZ, but it was a bit of a challenge to fit my daughter’s rear-facing baby seat in the back seat. I had to move the front seat up quite a bit to make it work, but once it was installed, it was secure." – Emily, mother of one
- "I have a forward-facing baby seat for my son, and it fits fine in the back seat of my Subaru BRZ. I did have to make some adjustments to the seat to get it to fit securely, but now it feels very stable." – Mark, father of two
- "We have a booster seat for our daughter, and it fits well in the back seat of our Subaru BRZ. We did have to move the front seats up quite a bit, but it was worth it to be able to take our sports car out for a spin with our little one." – Sarah and James, parents of one
Modifications and Adjustments
If you are determined to make a Subaru BRZ work for your family, there are some modifications and adjustments you can make to improve the fit of a baby seat. Here are some tips:
- Choose a slim baby seat: Look for a baby seat with a narrow base that will fit easily in the back seat of the Subaru BRZ.
- Move the front seats forward: Adjust the front seats to make more room in the back seat for the baby seat.
- Use a seat belt extender: Some baby seats come with a seat belt extender that can help secure the seat in the back seat.
- Install a roll bar: Consider installing a roll bar in your Subaru BRZ to improve the safety of your child in the event of an accident.
Can a rear-facing baby seat fit in a Subaru BRZ?
Yes, it is possible to fit a rear-facing baby seat in a Subaru BRZ, but it may require some adjustments to the front seats and careful consideration of the size and dimensions of the baby seat.
Can a forward-facing baby seat fit in a Subaru BRZ?
Yes, a forward-facing baby seat can fit in a Subaru BRZ, but it may require some modifications to the seat and careful consideration of the size and dimensions of the baby seat.
Is a Subaru BRZ a practical choice for families with children?
No, the Subaru BRZ is not the most practical choice for families with children. The compact interior and bucket seats make it challenging to fit a baby seat, and the car is designed for performance driving, not family transportation.