If you’re a fan of SUVs, you may have come across the Subaru Ascent. This mid-size SUV is a popular choice for families and adventure-seekers alike. But when did Subaru start making the Ascent? In this article, we’ll take a deep dive into the history of this vehicle and answer that very question.
- The Subaru Ascent is a mid-size SUV designed for families and outdoor enthusiasts.
- Subaru started making the Ascent in 2018 as a replacement for the Tribeca model.
- The Ascent is built in Subaru’s factory in Lafayette, Indiana.
- The Ascent comes in four different trim levels and offers standard all-wheel drive.
The Birth of the Subaru Ascent
Subaru has been producing vehicles for over 60 years, but the Ascent is a relatively new addition to their lineup. In fact, the Ascent was first introduced in 2017 as a concept car at the New York International Auto Show. The concept car was well-received, and it wasn’t long before Subaru announced that they would be putting the Ascent into production.
The first Ascent rolled off the production line in 2018, and it was immediately clear that this SUV was going to be a game-changer for Subaru. The Ascent was designed to replace the Tribeca model, which had been discontinued in 2014. The Tribeca had never really caught on with consumers, but Subaru was determined to get it right with the Ascent.
Building the Subaru Ascent
So where is the Subaru Ascent built? The answer is right here in the United States. The Ascent is built at Subaru’s factory in Lafayette, Indiana. This factory is also responsible for producing other popular Subaru models, such as the Outback and the Legacy.
Subaru’s Lafayette factory is one of the most advanced automobile manufacturing plants in the world. The factory is equipped with state-of-the-art technology and is staffed by highly skilled workers. Every Ascent that comes off the production line is built with care and attention to detail.
The Subaru Ascent Trim Levels
The Subaru Ascent comes in four different trim levels: Base, Premium, Limited, and Touring. Each trim level offers unique features and amenities, so it’s important to choose the one that best suits your needs.
- Base – The Base trim level is the entry-level option for the Ascent. It comes with standard features such as all-wheel drive, EyeSight Driver Assist Technology, and a 6.5-inch infotainment display.
- Premium – The Premium trim level adds a number of features, including a larger infotainment display, heated front seats, and a power-adjustable driver’s seat.
- Limited – The Limited trim level takes things up a notch with leather-trimmed upholstery, a power liftgate, and 20-inch alloy wheels.
- Touring – The Touring trim level is the top-of-the-line option for the Ascent. It comes with a panoramic moonroof, ventilated front seats, and a 14-speaker Harman Kardon sound system.
All-Wheel Drive Comes Standard
One of the key features of the Subaru Ascent is its standard all-wheel drive. This means that every Ascent comes equipped with a system that delivers power to all four wheels, providing excellent traction and handling in all sorts of weather conditions.
The Ascent’s all-wheel drive system is also equipped with X-MODE, which is designed to optimize performance when driving on slippery or uneven surfaces. With all-wheel drive and X-MODE, the Ascent is a great choice for anyone who wants to tackle off-road adventures.
Is the Subaru Ascent a good SUV for families?
Yes, the Subaru Ascent is an excellent choice for families. It offers plenty of space for passengers and cargo, as well as a variety of safety features to keep everyone safe on the road.
What kind of engine does the Subaru Ascent have?
The Subaru Ascent comes with a 2.4-liter turbocharged BOXER engine that delivers 260 horsepower and 277 lb-ft of torque.
Is the Subaru Ascent fuel-efficient?
Yes, the Subaru Ascent is quite fuel-efficient for its size. It has an EPA-estimated fuel economy of 20 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway.
The Subaru Ascent is a fantastic mid-size SUV that offers plenty of features and amenities for families and adventure-seekers alike. Subaru started making the Ascent in 2018 as a replacement for the Tribeca model, and it’s been a hit ever since. With its standard all-wheel drive, spacious interior, and advanced safety features, the Ascent is a great choice for anyone who wants a versatile and reliable SUV. So if you’re in the market for a new SUV, be sure to check out the Subaru Ascent!